Anyone a medical professional?

Hi! Anyone a medical professional on here?
Before I say anything, if you are one, thank you for everything that you do. Whether you are a nurse, surgeon, anesthesiologist, doctor, or whatever, you are appreciated! I don’t know what the world do without you, especially during these extremely hard times.
So, without further adieu, the million-dollar question of, if anyone is a medical professional and can help me on these topics:
-Quadruplets
-Autism
-Gunshot wounds
-Comas
-Tourette syndrome
-Different types of twins
-Knife wounds
-Neuroscience
Okay, I know that is a long list, but if you aren’t a medical professional and know about these syndromes/injuries please don’t hesitate to share your information. I have done extensive research, but I do want to know firsthand, so it would be helpful if anyone could help!
Thank you so much. If you don’t feel comfortable responding directly on the thread you can feel free to shoot me a PM.

4 Likes

i’m sure a lot of people know this, but when you get stabbed with a knife (wether it be on accident or on purpose) you shouldn’t pull it out right away.

3 Likes

That’s true. My mom told me (in case I ever get stabbed) to never, ever pull it out because if you do, you might end up bleeding out. (she told me when I was young, don’t know why hahah)

3 Likes

the thought of pulling it out makes me cringe immensely

2 Likes

Omg same here, it’s kind of freaky to be honest.

2 Likes

#ActuallyAutistic

2 Likes

I’m also a fraternal twin

2 Likes

Wow that is so cool! Could you tell me more?

1 Like

Fraternal twins come from different eggs, so they look different and can be different genders. Identical twins are always the same gender.

3 Likes

With twins as I have both my mother and grandmother are twins.
My mother is a mirror twin
My grandmother is a identical twin the differences are 1 egg one sperm then the egg splits for identical. With mirror twins the egg splits 7 to 12 days after fertilisation the twins are identical but mirror images of each other.

There also fraternal twins which are just like siblings two seperate eggs are fertilised.

I also have a close friend who had identical quads naturally which is when a egg splits in two then splits again.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. Mirror twins are cool.

2 Likes

Omg that is amazing!! The boy MC in my story is the only boy out of siblings, the other are girls. But they all share the same features.
Mirror twins (kind of like Elena and Katherine in TVD) lol

1 Like

I can explain about Autism too, if you want.

2 Likes

Well, I actually have Asperger’s syndrome, but they have some similarities

2 Likes

Sure! I have read about different types of autism and I definitely don’t think that (the character who does have it) is going to have high-functioning autism. But please explain, if it isn’t too much! x

1 Like

@Grottino

I know you’re still in uni, but perhaps you can help? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in year 2, I pretty much can only name bones

4 Likes

Ahhh nvm then. I tried :joy:

2 Likes

I could help if you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so Aspergers is a high form of Autism. I can function pretty well in society, I just have some quirks.

2 Likes