Anyone else code like this? 😂

Anyone else do this while writing their script? :joy:

It’s so much easier to locate things and condensing the script so you don’t have to scroll for weeeks.

12 Likes

I kinda of do that lol

I do it especially for CC/outfits/long choices - it really bugs me having to scroll so far lmao

I like having mine all disorganized and chaotic — I try to write things out in docs beforehand and have grown to dislike blank pages so seeing any code is better than not :joy:

7 Likes

Ahaha fair!

If I don’t feel like coding in the portal I just write out the dialogue of scenes on paper🫣

I really want to code like that and I have done it a few times but then I forget that I can do that it starts to look messy again.

Like everything in my life. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s definitely going to happen to me​:sob::sob:

1 Like

I do it for like the first few episodes and am so proud of myself and then it’s MADNESS from then on.

1 Like

YES OMG I’m so glad someone else does this :rofl: :rofl:
I get so irritated when it’s messy or i feel like it’s unorganized this is the only way to keep myself from getting overwhelmed

2 Likes

That’s brilliant.

1 Like

Whoaa, pretty cool and organized! Love to see it.

1 Like

I’ve only done it for the last couple of chapters but I am definitely going back to do it like this it’s so much easier.

Yep! I do that, makes it so much easier.

1 Like

Moved to Directing Help and Tips. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

That’s so smart, I haven’t considered that! I only use those brackets for long scenes (like flashbacks), CC templates, or recaps. Or if a large amount of characters are changing their hairstyles/outfits, like for an event or after a time-skip.

1 Like

Actually no, but that seems like a good idea since I’m writing a third story with a female/male love interest (as in pick the gender of the love internet) and my first episode is a bit over 10k lines without including full CC for LI and limited for Mc :face_holding_back_tears:.

How would I do that? As in have my script appear like that in the screenshot if anyone knows how to explain it :point_right:t3::point_left:t3:

Before every section, add #{ and after the section you want to close add #} then write what the section is for

2 Likes

Thank you so much :relaxed:

Your welcome❤️

1 Like

Yes! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like