Anyone else having problems with overlays and facing?

So, first to say, I’m not a beginner and I’ve been trying to fix this anyhow for last 6 hours.

When creating an overlay which creates TEXT, it doesn’t move when I command with opacity 0 or clear or shift.

The other error appears after girl undresses with undress_top animation, she keeps facing right and left only after a beat, even though it stays in the same line AND YOU faces left, and I also added that to next line.

But may also be the fault is in:
@YOU changes into Dress

Any ideas?

What does your script look like?

It looks completely normal. As I said, I know how to direct. :heart: problem is that the overlay has stucked

So up to this point, overlay AMBULANCE is working good, but after that I can’t move it anywhere.

The command for the layer is:
@overlay OVERLAYNAME to layer x

Isn’t there an error saying that
&overlay AMBULANCE scales to 2.620 2.620… isn’t a valid directing command?

Yeah I know, but even the most experienced coders make mistakes sometimes.
I don’t really see anything wrong with the commands indeed! It all takes place in zone 1 I assume since you didn’t specify that? The only thing I see that might be off are the spaces in between | and the color of the text. Not sure if that even matters as I’ve never used a color for a text overlay before.

1 Like

That is a valid command. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I agree. Sometimes more than we look at the script, the less we see.

1 Like

Guilty as charged! That’s why I just continue on something else once I am unable to figure out how to fix a problem. Then when you look at it again eventually, it suddenly clicks and you won’t even understand how you couldn’t fix it in the first place :joy:

2 Likes

From which line exactly are you unable to move the overlay? Or which command doesn’t seem to work?
Edit: unless anyone else has experienced this before, I dont think it’s a bug. It’s never happened to me for starters.

After the last line i posted.

I can’t do anything with that overlay anymore.

I can’t shift it, scale it, clear it or change its transparency.

I won’t send a ticket, since I solve both glitches with other ways. But it’s disturbing and I’m wondering if anyone else is facing same glitches.

So weird! I have no idea why this happened to you :scream:

1 Like

Another glitch found :tired_face:

Please tell me it’s my mistake :sob:

Whichever choice i make, it always leads me to else: It didn’t work, try again. :sob:

What do you mean, exactly? Only after choosing ‘Perfect’ it sends you to the label checkitout and by choosing the rest it goes back to label startstory. For your readers to go to label checkitout they HAVE to choose the option ‘Perfect’ so ‘nameany’ can never be the other three options.

1 Like

You gave me perfect answer. Obviously my brain is still exhausted and can’t function or conclude logics :tired_face:

1 Like

Hahaha no problem! Take your rest every now and then :relaxed:

1 Like