Anyone else very insecure about their story?

Hey guys! I am writing my first story, and let me just say…
I have written the first chapter like 4 times. I’m not kidding, 4 times.
It all follows the same idea, but I always erase it all and tweak it. I just feel like after I finish the episode, I find so many issues with it…

I really want to release this story and all because I am extremely excited to write more and have people read it, but I’m struggling not with motivation/writers block, but with the confidence in my story.
Does anyone else struggle with this, and if so how do you deal with it?

Eeeekk I just want to stop doing it and be happy with my story, but I don’t want to put so much time and effort into a story that ends up flopping you know?

Well, anyways. Please let me know if y’all deal with this and how you respond to it! :blue_heart:

16 Likes

I have had that problem myself… I have rewrote my story three times I even wrote 12 or 13 episode and decided to revamp it. I also get writers block but I talk to some of the authors one of friends that I talk to is @GiaCereni she helps me with all my art scene and also with plotting and directing sometime when I get writers block I just turn my music up and dance around the room or I work on something else like my new episode I have the story in mind and picture my characters and have them plotted out on how they look and sometimes it helps me alot of time my ideas come in my dreams… you can always ask for help with writers block

6 Likes

I definitely struggle with the same thing. I have my good days and bad days, and on my bad days I end up comparing my story to others and I get upset and feel like I’m not doing enough.

HOWEVER!!!

This is the process of being a writer. We all go through this, and the only way to get through it is to follow your instinct and do what makes you happy. If you feel that your episode isn’t up to your standards, take your time and work on it. You have all the time in the world!

This is YOUR story. Your whole pride and joy, so take your idea and write everything !!! :blob_hearts:

10 Likes

Although I understand how you feel, I’ve learned over time to not be as concerned about how my story will fare in comparison to others. I have been writing :writing_hand:t5: on my story… the exact same story I started writing over a year ago… and I have yet to complete a full chapter!!! :woman_shrugging:t4: Not because I didn’t think my first chapter was good enough… it’s just that I would keep getting ideas :bulb: to improve on the chapter, and I kept learning new directing techniques that enhanced the story.

But now, I no longer worry about what kind of chapter I have. Or whether it is good. Or whether I even complete the chapter in the first place. I have actually started to direct and animate various scenes that I have wanted to have in my story, and I just let my story piece itself together as it sees fit …naturally.

Although I wanted to write a story and share it with everyone as quickly as possible… it has been important for me to learn how to code and animate scenes properly first. So now… I’m not worried about if or when my story will be ready to share. I am just being patient and letting the story dictate what I should do and how I should go about doing it.

I guess what I am trying to say is… just take your time and learn to enjoy the process of creating your story. Make something that you like… and only think about your enjoyment. Because when you are having fun and not feeling any pressure to make your story like this or like that… you can truly make something that makes you proud… regardless of what anyone else thinks. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Finally, I’m not alone. At some times I’m like “this plot sucks” then I’m like “no it’s not the plot, it’s the awkward dialogue” then I’m like “it’s not the dialogue, it’s my character designs” then I’m like “no it’s my crappy coding” then I just give up

3 Likes

We could make a group on Instagram and talk about our stories there, like a brainstorm or something :slight_smile: if you are up to this add me, @giacereni

6 Likes

Yes! I hate my story, I really do. But every time I re-write it it’s only worse.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had to clear my script and start over. :sweat:

4 Likes

I love this Idea brainstorming with others can always help. I would love to do that.

2 Likes

I literally started writing my story in June, and re-thought the whole plot, then re-vamped it and just published the first 3 chapters today. :sleepy:
I literally do this all the time where I re-write a scene, or an entire chapter… like, the same stuff happens, but I change up the dialogue and whatnot…

3 Likes

I had that too and I feel you. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL :face_with_head_bandage:.For me, that stopped when I started to work on other chapters, plan the characters, or doing something that has to do with the story. So that I can stay “productive” :upside_down_face:. What I like to do is going on the forums and reading other people’s publishing experience, that kinda motivates me. :sparkles: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Saaaame!
I first started learning how to code in April 2019, but that story idea was crap. :joy: So I came up with a better story idea exactly a year later and gave it a serious go. In short, I published the first three episodes on Monday (after 8 months of work). I’ve probably rewritten every single scene at least three times and I kept improving the zooms and speech bubble placements and I felt like I would never be done. Then my brother (such a sweetheart) proofread my story, which caused me to split one episode and rewrite basically the whole thing again. The horror. But I figured I’d never know what anyone would think of it if I’d never hit ‘publish’. So I did it.

Fun fact: literally a few hours before publishing I found out that you could use easing functions on zooms and pans, so I tried to include those just before publishing, So much drama. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes!
I had this story that I was so excited about, I added advanced directing but at the end of episode two it was like - What am I even writing? :flushed: :joy:
I was still amped up about the plot and now I’ve changed the characters looks and names and am working more on their personality and it’s working out better for me now (perhaps because I feel more connected to the characters).
Add some of yourself in it I would say, got to give it that personality sparkle :star_struck: .That connects the writer with the story. Have fun with it and perhaps the reader will also relate and have fun readng. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

ALL :clap:t5: OF :clap:t5: THIS :clap:t5:!!!

2 Likes

:joy: :pleading_face: :fist_right:t4:

2 Likes