Anyone ever had bad writers block?

I’m just curious because I feel like my brain is not working anymore. What do you guys do to spark new ideas when writing?

3 Likes

I look over other stories I started and see if I can get any ideas flowing.

2 Likes

I’ve had a lot of writers block. Sometimes i think about topics that I’m interested in or what the person above me said. I also get a bit of inspiration from movies or Tv shows and make my own plot out of it.

2 Likes

Hmm, I usually read other stories for inspiration, I have different story apps so I’ve got a lot of that, any tv shows/ movies, basically just what makes you feel relaxed :slight_smile: I also take breaks, because you shouldn’t force ideas, the more frustrated you are, the more unlikely you’d be able to spark an idea.

2 Likes

I read actual books or listen to audiobooks. :sweat_smile: I also absolutely LOVE listening to music with storylines, like The Hamilton Mixtape album. It’s such an inspiration!

2 Likes

I read books and sometimes I’ll look up story prompts on Pinterest and the like. I also listen to music a lot. I personally like musicals because sometimes I come up with events based on what the song is about. (And you know, I also do the occasional procrastinating and just laying around trying to think of ideas.)

1 Like

Thanks guys!! :blush:

3 Likes

i always have writer’s block when doing my story on episode. sometimes i feel like i just can’t be bothered to add new scenes or finish them off.

1 Like

I have a process.

I have writer’s block, I’ll play a video game that I love, like Dragon Age or Breath of the Wild and I’ll look at details of the world and listen to NPC’s. The smallest thing could inspire you.

If that doesn’t work, I go on the YouTube and look up some stuff, like current events. Sometimes political commentary helps me think of ideas.

If that doesn’t work, I go on a walk and listen to music, hoping to clear my head.

Take a look at this:

This is on my pinterest board about writing. I have a lot of stuff that helps me, and I look at that when there’s nothing else.

Here’s my board if it might help, there’s a variety of stuff in it:

2 Likes

Yes, I’m having it know.

1 Like

Wow, that picture actually helped a lot! i downloaded it to my phone just incase I need it!

1 Like

^^ I’m so glad!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.