Anyone getting this pop up?

Hi everyone I don’t know if this is the right topic to put this under but I’m wondering if anyone else has got this . Or if it is just a scam ?

6 Likes

I haven’t seen it but it 100% looks like a scam.

4 Likes

I got it, too. I didn’t trust it at all, so, I choose ‘No’. :wink:

4 Likes

Update: I now got it. Quickly pressed no.

4 Likes

Yea it does to be honest . I got this as well as 2 of my friends . It definitely looks sus .

1 Like

I got it as well. I don’t think it’s intentionally a scam, but I wouldn’t click on it just to be safe. The official Episode Instagram hasn’t mentioned anything about it, which is weird.

7 Likes

Bruh I got it, so thankful for this thread because my dumb** would’ve been like ooooo 25 dollar gift card YES!! :weary: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

yeah genuinely, i think somehow a promotion has gone onto Episode or something??. @Sydney_H Do you know anything about this, who do we report it to? :blush:

3 Likes

This popup takes you to this Google Form. They ask for your name, email, age range, where you’re from, occupation (optional), how long you’ve played Episode, and episode support ID. Easy to say curiosity got the best of me with this popup.

4 Likes

I just saw that too! And I got bad vibes from it. LOL, I don’t know. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yea it seems nice but I didn’t know if it was a scam or not .

1 Like

Oh it had to talk to someone on the phone and I was like nah this kind of seems suspicious. Bu if I had know it was just the form with that stuff I would have done it . I just wish episode has posted something here or on somewhere for us to know it isn’t a scam . Did u fill out the form?

2 Likes

Yea my 2 friends and I got it and we was like should we open it then we was like nope could be a scam because episode hasn’t posted anything .

1 Like

I didn’t plan on it originally for your exact reason: talking on the phone was kind of suspicious. But when I actually saw the form and saw it only asked for my email, I figured hey, why not? Google verifies it was made within Pocket Gems.

3 Likes

Yea I just was a bit suspicious especially since it had calling them . But yea I did fill out the form for episode .

I am in Europe so a $25 gift card is useless. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Got it too so weird .

1 Like

Hey y’all! This one is definitely not a scam, and as @Winteronepisode pointed out, this does come from our team. We’re sorry this prompted as much concern as it has. We’re chatting with our team on improving these types of pop ups in the future to make them more clear and feel less fishy!

11 Likes

Ok thank you , I just wished their was something on forums about this so we would know it wasn’t a scam or not .

1 Like

Thank you for responding and yes, as an adult, even I thought it sounded a little suspicious that an app rated for young kids would be giving 25$ gift cards to talk to them on the phone.

5 Likes