Anyone go to a NYC college?

Hi peeps I am writing a story called “ THE CURE “ and the main character grew up in London but she goes on an assignment where she goes back to college so I was wondering

• what age do people go to college?
  • do use have dorms at the college site?
  • how many classes do use take?
  • are there cheerleaders and footballers at colleges?
  • what’s the education system like?

Sorry for the overload of questions :two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I don’t know where you are from, but I can answer a few of these questions, as an American. I live in Midwest America.

1. Normally eighteen.
  2. Most people do because it’s affordable and part of the college experience, especially because NYC apartments are really expensive.
  3. Depends for each major.
  4. I think it depends, but also, it won’t be like a high school setting. If your character isn’t a professional, they probably won’t be on the team.
  5. Can you be a bit more specific with this last one?

Hi and thank you I’m from the uk :two_hearts: if people did law as a major would they do other majors as well or just the one major?

1 Like

Great! For your law student, you would have them major in something like political science or criminal justice, something like that (4 years). Then, they would go to law school (4 years).

1 Like

Thank you so much :two_hearts: what if people did majors like

• maths
  • English
  • science
  • sociology
  • business

( I have 5 other main characters that’s the reasoning for me asking :two_hearts: )

1 Like

Sure, of course:
Math Undergraduate (4 years), OPTIONAL PhD (2-4 years)
English Undergraduate (4 years), again OPTIONAL PhD (2-4 years)
Science Undergraduate (4 years), and then, depending if your character is med or not, graduate (4 years), residency (2-4 years)
Sociology Undergraduate (4 years), graduate (4 years)
Business Undergraduate (4 years), optional graduate (4 years)

^^A lot of these are flexible.

1 Like

Thank you so much :two_hearts:

1 Like

Of course, let me know if you have more questions!

1 Like

Thank you so much :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like