Anyone good at biology?

for which one lol ……

Like tertiary level…what do you need help in?

1 Like

Are you sure that isn’t chemistry?
I’m in 8th grade and I’ve never seen that

1 Like

labeling.

Yeah im sure.

It is chemistry but a portion of biology also has that.

3 Likes

If its that, I can help

1 Like

Can check do these images help you in labelling?

1 Like

No. I have the book. But doesn’t tell me much.

The last picture number 4 is 3 amino acids join together.

The last picture number 5 is a Triglyceride made up of glycerol and 3 fatty acids.

1 Like

I know that I figure it out few min ago thanks tho. It the rest I don’t understand which is what

1 Like

C) Is a Phospholipid. Made up of 2 fatty acid chains, 1 glycerol and one negatively charged Phosphate head.

Function: Phospholipids make up the cell membrane in Phospholipid bilayer. Its hydrophilic phosphate head allows hydrophilic molecules to pass through into the cell membrane while repelling hydrophobic molecules. This gives rise to the selective permeability of the cell membrane.

1 Like
  1. , a) or is it d) and 4) are all polypeptide chains made up of amino acids though… just different structures like the R group but still amino acids.
1 Like

Its been 3 years since I last touch this :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

@yazhin

Its organic chemistry dear. Not biology. And the nomenclature is pretty easy if you understand it.

lol my bio class teach that. and oh okay. I couldn’t identify the issue.

OMG, I remember doing this in chemistry lol, but it feels like ages since I’ve last done it :smile:

Hmm, I’d recommend checking this out:

lmAO you’re from sg too. That brings back bad memories :grin:

Biology is the natural science that studies life and living organisms, including their physical structure, chemical processes, molecular interactions, physiological mechanisms, development and evolution.[1] Despite the complexity of the science, there are certain unifying concepts that consolidate it into a single, coherent field. Biology recognizes the cell as the basic unit of life, genes as the basic unit of heredity, and evolution as the engine that propels the creation and extinction of species. Living organisms are open systems that survive by transforming energy and decreasing their local entropy[2] to maintain a stable and vital condition defined as homeostasis.[3]

1 Like