Anyone Have Advice For Getting Rid of Writers Block?

I’ve been suffering from writers block for some time now and I’m not sure what to do. Does anyone have advice? How do you get rid of writers block?

Stephan King “If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot .”

do you have creative writers black or mechanical

Creative is trouble making an idea
and mechanical is actually going through the process of creating

1 Like

Honestly I think it’s a bit of both.

Creative writer bloke is a lack of creative surrounding
Think of something personal (not too personal) that in your life
For instance this of the people around you and how you can add them into your own personal character. or a song that get you going. A creative idea comes randomly, and what you can do is maybe take a walk or go to the park and just observe people.

With mechanical writing… That’s a litttle harder because people are just naturally lazy think about going home from school on a Monday. your just so tired all you want to do is go in Reddit or YouTube for hours that could be spent on making a story. Or you try force your self to write but your just so distracted you spend a hole lot of time doing nothing.
I try to prevent these by eliminating all distractions
that means your phone is in a different room and your computer or laptop, exc. is in a really boring room.
And when you start don’t think of the exact start cause then you’ll be stuck their forever. Just spend a couple of minutes and if it doesn’t work out think of what you do want in the story and expand from there.

I hope everything is spelled right and makes sense. If you have any other question just ask~

2 Likes

Thank you so so much!!! I really appreciate this! Lol, I really relate to that lazy part, and though I do think it’s mostly creative writers block I’ll try to keep away the distractions :joy:

1 Like

Something you can do is write down your thoughts or your day. Keep writing till something comes in your mind for an idea or something. So just like dory, just keep writing.

It can be about your day, your life, what you ate, hopes, just random stuff.

Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I’ll give it a try! :blush:

1 Like

Anything to help a fellow writer! :,)

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink: