Anyone who can help me with filters?

Is there anyone who can help me with filters?

What exactly do you need help with? How to use them or how to get a pretty / fitting one for a certain part of your story?

How to use it

There are several options, you can:

1. Use the default ones from the episode team, just scroll down on the right side of your script tool where the previewer and the library is, you will find a point called “Filters”.

Simply click on whichever filter you would like too use and which seems fit for the situation, it’ll be added best at the beginning right after loading the background if you want an entire scene to be filtered, like this:

EXT. ISLAND BEACH - DAY
@set hsl -64 65 64 no_colorize with blendMode Multiply to 59%
#Your filter will be enabled for every scene after this line
#To turn off the filter, use "@reset hsl" or "@reset hsl in [# of seconds]"

As you can see, the filter itself will add those two lines afterwards telling you what you can do with the filter.

Always remember to use @reset hsl after you don’t want to use the filter anymore, afterwards it will be enabled for the rest of the episode.

1. You can also customise those filters or just “make” a filter yourself, just go on the previewer and choose Directing Helper < Filters Helper and enable it with a click on the tap that will appear on the left. Now you can change the filter manually, to enable it you just have to copy the code in the box right below and past it at the same point of your script where you want the filter to be enabled.

You can get further information in this document: Here or you can post the scene where you need help and I’m sure I or other nice people will help you to enable and disable it in the right way.

1 Like