App closes after opening

Hi there,
Since Episode updated the app with the new gem-option (gem-exchange) I can’t play the story’s anymore. After I open the app, I see the loading page. After I get to the homepage the app closes immediately without any message or warming.
I contacted Episode and they gave me some advice (closing app and reinstall app, turning off device, checking connection etc.) But nothing works. Are more people having this issue?
Kind regards,
Karin.

2 Likes

Yes, as I could see here: New app feature; "shards"? Who else has it?
there are more people (including me) that have problems with crashing. :tired_face: I guess it’s because of the new shards option :grimacing:

2 Likes

Episode can keep the shards. I just want my stories back haha.
I’ve read some other topics. A lot of people are having these issues. Hopefuly they will fix it soon.

2 Likes

I’mma delete the app and redownload but is it just me, when I go on the app and click anything it freezes up and exits out. I didn’t want to delete it because I just started reading a new story now imma have to restart the episode this happened before :expressionless:.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I already contacten the Episode team and they gave me advice (removing app and adding it again, turning off phone, emptying cache etc.). I don’t think that our devices are the problem. I think that there is a glitch or bug in the app itself. Today Episode added a new gem-option and I think that’s causing problems. I wrote a new message to Episode. I will update you when I receive a reply.

2 Likes

Yes as far as I’m aware right now they released a new feature for some people, but not everyone’s device can handle it.

3 Likes

Your right everytime there’s an update this happens. Especially the new one I went to check the new gem option and that happened.

1 Like

I cleared cache, all app data and it still doesn’t work. I guess I’ll start reading books again or watch reruns of The Olympics :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Gem exchange is gone now