App Crashing With Overlays/Advanced Directing

I’m fully planning on sending a support ticket if the problem continues before anyone mentions it in the comments below.

I’ve been working on my K&T entry and I tried to let a friend preview it for me, and it crashed out. My only logical explanation is that it could be the overlays. Is anyone else having issues with overlays causing your own stories to not work right?

4 Likes

I just checked mine as shared link and the only thing that happened were the overlays flashing white instead of gradually disappearing.

As it as been lasting for more than a week, I may have to fill a ticket about it…

2 Likes

Moving this to Writer’s Portal Bug since this definitely sounds like a bug. Go ahead and submit tickets @Baleigh_episode and @Nessya

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

The same thing has been happening to me! My stories won’t even show up on create so I have to use the friend link to actually play it. The overlays have white backgrounds and my story is glitchy but on the portal it’s fine?

1 Like

I actually found a minor solution at least for limb overlays since I use full cc. I had to go back in and code it to where it wouldn’t create the overlays unless it matched up with the skin tone. Now, that won’t really help if there’s not limb overlays. However, my intro for this same story uses overlays (25 I think to be exact), and seems to load/work fine. So maybe that’s the limit-ish? :woman_shrugging:t2::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think my problem was the actual overlay in itself- and my intro (like yours) uses many overlays but is completely fine. It’s just so demotivating when doing advanced directing and it’s perfect in portal but go into the app and it’s a whole different story. It’s good you found a solution, I’m still looking for mine! :see_no_evil: :joy: