APP: Forums Mobile App

Now that the Forums got a complete make-over, I would love to see the Forums have its own mobile app. I’m constantly on my phone all day, and while I know you can visit this site using a web browser on your phone, I believe it would so much so much easier and better if I could just tap on an app. It would also allow us to be notified right away anytime we get notificiations here! (just like how your phone rings/buzzes when you get messages from other apps!)

89 Likes

YES! Fully support!!

I haven’t done this with my device, but just a thought/suggestion. I have an S8 (running Android 7.0) and the browser gives an option to add websites as buttons/apps/shortcuts to the home screen. I think that (depending on your device and OS) the app icon will also update with a number on it in real time (but not certain if the number indicates unread, latest posts, etc). If you try it out feel free to let us know how and if it works out :slight_smile:.

One more quick thing. This wasn’t posted in the Feature + Suggestions section so it’s not a thread that can be voted on/supported. Just a heads up!

10 Likes

Fully support this idea!

1 Like

Ohhhh that does work! Thanks! But unfortunately I don’t get any notifications from it :frowning:

I thought I should post this in the Site Feedback section since it has to do with the Forums, but since people are supporting/voting for this “feature” I can edit the title and maybe could you transfer this to the Feature + Art Suggestions sections?

5 Likes

Closing due to inactivity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reopening and bumping since there now seems to be more interest in this. Thanks all!

3 Likes

Thank you Jeremy! Can you please move this to Feature + Art Suggestions?

6 Likes

Bump

sorry, I was ahem, stalking you

Bump :eyes: been a while

There’s actually something like that now, not sure what it is :sweat_smile:

Support!

Support! We do have a discourse mobile app where we can access it but I would love an independant app :slight_smile:

Very interesting, thanks for the info.

I agree with you - having a dedicated mobile app for the Forums would be amazing! It would make it much easier and more convenient to stay connected and up-to-date with the community, especially for those who are constantly on their phones.

Yes. Full Support