App Problem HELP!

Hello, please can somebody help me!!!
So I’ve tried contacting the episode team via the app but had no response so thought I’d join the community (I joined approx 1 hour ago so I really don’t know what I’m doing).
I’m in a constant circle of issues!
So, when I go to read a story I have to watch 2 ads (as usual) but there is certain ads which leave me on a black blank screen - I read on the help page that if you wait a few minutes it will just redirect you to the story, but it never did this for me so I exited out of the app and then reopened again but then before I can access the main page it times out/crashes and I am unable to access the app. This leaves me with the only option to delete the app and reinstall. It all works fine until I go to read a new chapter of a story and it takes me back a few chapters so I have to reread them!
By the time Ive read up to the correct chapter I was reading, the problems start again. This has been happening for about 1 week.
I’ve tried restarting my device, removing some stories from my favourites and clearing the cache in device settings but nothing seems to stop this from happening.
Sorry for all the detail but I’m really frustrated and need a solution. Can anybody help?

3 Likes

I am having the same issue.

1 Like

@Mallory27 and @ffihow Restart your device? Or send a support ticket. @Sydney_H might be able to help.

2 Likes

I’ve tried that but nothing seems to work. Is there something wrong with the app?

3 Likes

Hey there @ffihow, did you submit a help ticket to the support team? If so, you’ll need to hold off on adding or responding to it until they respond to you, otherwise it’ll push your ticket to the bottom of the list and take longer to get an answer. :smiley:

@Mallory27 I’d definitely recommend you submit a ticket yourself if you haven’t done so already :smiley:

2 Likes

I already submitted a ticket and nothing that they sent me worked.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m having the same issues as well. I can’t open the Episode app at all because it keeps crashing, I tried filling out a support ticket but it says that I need a support ID which I can’t access because I can’t get on the app without it crashing on me and going back to my home screen. I tried restarting my phone and the app but nothing is working.

2 Likes

same. the app keeps crashing.

2 Likes

Hello, please can somebody help me!!!
So I’ve tried contacting the episode team via the app but had no response so thought I’d join the community (I joined approx 1 hour ago so I really don’t know what I’m doing).
I’m in a constant circle of issues!
So, when I go to read a story I have to watch 2 ads (as usual) but there is certain ads which leave me on a black blank screen - I read on the help page that if you wait a few minutes it will just redirect you to the story, but it never did this for me so I exited out of the app and then reopened again but then before I can access the main page it times out/crashes and I am unable to access the app. This leaves me with the only option to delete the app and reinstall. It all works fine until I go to read a new chapter of a story and it takes me back a few chapters so I have to reread them!
By the time Ive read up to the correct chapter I was reading, the problems start again. This has been happening for about 1 week.
I’ve tried restarting my device, removing some stories from my favourites and clearing the cache in device settings but nothing seems to stop this from happening.
Sorry for all the detail but I’m really frustrated and need a solution. Can anybody help?

This happens to me most of the time here’s what I do:

Now I don’t know what device you’re on, but I use an IPad, so just press the home button twice and you’ll see all your little browsers pop up. Swipe up to get rid of episode and then go back on. You might have to do this a couple of times. REMEMBER that you press it twice quickly. Also some devices have their dedicated to it.

1 Like

@skyler2 hi, I use an iPhone XR and have tried the alternative but it doesn’t solve the issue :tired_face:

• I’ve “Forced Closed” & “Forced Restarted” my entire phone, apps etc
**RESULT- NOTHING
• I’ve update to the most current running iOS version available (yesterday)
RESULT- NOTHING
• I CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT TO UNINSTALL/REINSTALL IN FEAR OF LOSING EVERYTHING (Reading progress, I’m definitely not a writer) beings the app wouldn’t allow me to login for some time now
• Device- iPhone 8Plus
• Current Software- iOS 13.2 (updated yesterday)
• Updated ALL AVAILABLE APPS
• I select the app to launch/open it, it gives me the ”Welcome Back…etc” then it gives me the message “Please wait while we get ready” and then it kicks me out completely and that is as far as I get

• Is it POSSIBLE they’re preparing for a “New Update”?

• It’s possible, isn’t anything?! Anyhow, I personally don’t feel that is the issue beings this seems to be a repetitive an ongoing issue from all of the comments even from a few years ago. If it is the reason, I feel they need to inform all of us. Just out of common courtesy.

I don’t know if this is the same type of issue that others are having?! I’m confident there are other type of things that are happening that aren’t exactly like mine. I’ve tried to be as descriptive as I could. If anybody gets anything resolved I would so greatly appreciate it if you could relay the message on how to correct this wrong!

Thank you guys!
I would tell you “Happy Reading” however, that’s clearly not happening at the moment!

I would also like to give a shout out to all of the authors!! You are appreciated! Thank you for doing what you guys do and sharing your gift for writing with all of us! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue, and I have the same phone as well. I have submitted a support ticket but I haven’t gotten a reply yet. Will let you know if I do!

And this happened right after I published my first story, talk about a bad omen :woman_facepalming:

I really hope it gets resolved soon.

2 Likes

@Adabsmith @AnaEpisode1 I’m awaiting response from episode team so hopefully then can tell me how to fix it and we can continue reading very soon😬

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issues as you, I submitted a support ticket last night but I haven’t got a reply message just yet. Hopefully soon so I can play the app once again.

2 Likes

Thank you, tons!

I was just thinking, a while back we “Apple/IPhone/iPad” users couldn’t open/launch/play Fortnite because, the creators of the Fortnite app hadn’t gotten approval or something along those lines with Apple at that time. Perhaps, this could be the same type of issue? I don’t know I haven’t read it thoroughly enough yet to see if it is also consecutive with Android also.

What story did you write?! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you!! I will do the same if I stumble upon anything that can help us.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issues for a week now and I have the XR. I’ve tried everything.

2 Likes

Huh, then I have no idea the swipe up thing is the only thing I do and then it usually works for me

1 Like

Yes, I really hope it gets resolved soon. I spoke to a couple of friends with android devices and they’re having problems as well. So I’m guessing this is an issue with the new update or something like that. Either way I just really hope it gets fixed.

My story is called “Abyss Of Love” , be sure to check it out once the app is back to normal :slight_smile::heart:

2 Likes