App Problem HELP!

Can you explain what the swipe up thing means?

1 Like

It’s the app switcher, and then close the app by swiping it up

1 Like

Absolutely, I will definitely check it out!!

I was starting to believe it had something to do with the new iOS update and this particular app‘s new update just hadn’t Come through yet (typically when your device has a whole new system update, everything updates). After researching older posts, I honestly don’t know nor do I understand.

I should probably also note that I’ve disconnected from wifi, reconnected, shutdown my data, turned it back on, turned on and off airplane mode along with shutting down my phone.

2 Likes

Same here, I’ve tried everything possible other than reinstalling the app. I really don’t want to lose my progress, and that’s the only reason. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I literally just received my first response back via email from one of the IT representative or I don’t know exactly what the correct title is for them. I’m hoping she will tell me something positive!

1 Like

I just received a reply as well, but all the steps they’ve asked me to try, I’ve already tried, and it still won’t work. :sweat:

2 Likes

@AnaEpisode1 same! I’m hoping that they will come back to me with an actual solution this time rather than steps to try! :disappointed:

I’m just happy that it’s not just me having issue. I hope they fix it soon. I love this app.

3 Likes

I literally copied & pasted (edited some) what I wrote in here and sent it in.

We shall see! Hopeful, we can come up with something!

1 Like

Hi, so they got back to me and they said to delete the app and reinstall it which I did and it started working again for me and I didn’t have any of my data lost. The sad thing is that it only worked for a day and the same issues started again and I emailed them back saying that so hopefully they fix it soon.

1 Like

That’s definitely nice to know. Thank you. I’m going to try that.

1 Like

I got this email today…

Thanks for writing in. This is currently a known issue affecting the app that is causing a server connection issue.

I’ve gone ahead and passed the information you provided to our testers and developers to help them investigate it more thoroughly, which should be really helpful. We are really sorry for the trouble in the meantime!

If you have made a purchase of Value Pack 10 and this issue is affecting your ability to use your purchase, you are welcome to write back in at the time when the issue has been resolved to request your unused purchase days to be restored. If you need a refund for your purchase, or if you have any other questions, please let us know

1 Like

@kimvilleda yes I have to keep deleting/reinstalling the app but that’s when it takes me back a few chapters which I have already read! Ahhhhh :tired_face:

1 Like

@Sydney_H how long does it normally take for the episode team to respond to a support ticket?

1 Like

The same thing happened to me to, I had to reread the chapters I lost that’s why I don’t want to delete the app again and reinstall it, and it took them a day I believe for them to reply back to me when I sent a support ticket in case you were wondering

1 Like

@kimvilleda I’ve had to read the same 6 chapters of the current story in reading 3 times today :flushed: So frustrating! I sent a support ticket yesterday morning but still had no response so hopefully will receive tomorrow!

@kimvilleda I seen that if you don’t know your support ID to put ??? ??? instead. See if that works for you :grin:

Thank you I heard but I was actually able to get the support Id if you go to settings and scroll down till you see episode and if you click on it, then it should be there

1 Like

Anywhere from a couple of hours to several days. They’re currently working through a lot of tickets at the moment, so it may take a little longer than usual. Just stay patient and they’ll get to it as soon as possible :smiley:

1 Like

@adabsmith @kimvilleda @mallory27 @anaepisode1 @zeph.episode Has any of you had a response from episode yet? I’m still waiting :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like