For those of you who aren’t aware of Episode’s pass refilling policy change, readers can no longer accumulate more than four free passes at a time. This means readers who have stockpiled free passes through the daily challenges will not get their free passes refilled until they hold less than four free passes in total. This also means readers who have just received four free passes from the four hour refill will not receive any more free passes from the daily challenges.
Obviously, this has caused some outrage in the community as this policy change is harmful to Episode authors and readers alike. After reading the ongoing discussion presented in this thread: The Free 4 Passes won’t load?, I’ve decided to create this feature request, which suggests Episode reverts back to the old pass refill policy. In addition, I have compiled a list of reasons why this policy should be reversed in attempt to strengthen the credibility of this request.
- It dissuades readers from completing challenges since only readers with minimal free passes will receive any reward, therefore effectively erasing the incentive to read more chapters
- It will make readers more cautious in how they spend their passes, which hurts small authors because readers will be less likely to take the risk of spending their limited free passes on an unknown author
- Popular authors will also be at a disadvantage as readers will spend less passes on their stories, thereby hurting their chances of staying in the Writers Payment Program (meaning they will actually lose income because of this change)
- In light of the aforementioned points, less chapters read in total means less ads watched before said chapters, which means less ad revenue for Episode
- Many readers who have stockpiled free passes were never going to buy passes anyway, so these readers won’t bring Episode any profit from buying passes as a result of this change
- Episode was the one who implemented the daily challenges in the first place, so if these result in too many free passes rewarded, why are the readers being punished for Episode’s poor decision?
In summary, the change to the pass refill policy is harmful to authors, readers, and Episode. If you also disagree with this new policy and want the old pass refill policy back, be sure to like and comment on this post in support! Also, feel free to comment with more reasons how this policy negatively affects the community, and I will add it to the original post. To continue the discussion about the new policy, the previously linked thread is a good place to express your thoughts.
Thanks to everyone in advance! With enough support, we can get Episode to change this policy for the good of the whole community.