not get more passes

2 Likes

So you would need to use most of them.

2 Likes

I currently have 147 passes

1 Like

This is there answer

1 Like

I have a lot of passes that I received from the app itself by doing challenges (it took me a long time, and I gained a lot very slowly-literally months just to get the number I am now.)
However, I have noticed that my passes aren’t re-loading anymore.
This has deterred me from clicking on stories, I must admit, though sometimes I will read-mostly only the first chapters in stories.
It would be better if Episode reverted to giving everyone four passes, every few hours, the way it was before.
On a side note, I am happy Episode hasn’t taken any of my passes away since I earned them fairly-that would be devastating and I’d be extremely hurt.
Also, thank you for posting this!
This is an issue and hopefully, it gets resolved.

12 Likes

i’ve been thinking about this since the policy change went into place, and i truly believe that the only way episode will listen to us and change the pass policy back is if we approach them as consumers/customers, as opposed to as a community. we air our complaints on the forums, and get no response besides the generic, pre-written ones from episode. however, as episode has shown us that they are becoming more interested in making money than building their community, we do the same to them. if you are upset by this policy and you think it should change, the best things we can do are:

1. leave negative reviews in the app store
  2. don’t play/publish episode stories until this is sorted out. i know, i know, BUT if there are less readers, there is less revenue, and they lose money.

once episode sees that this problem, which we have explained to them very clearly our reasons for wanting to revert the policy, can be solved by refilling our 4 timer passes, no matter how many reward passes we have, they will be more receptive to changing it.

even in the last week and a half since this change went into place, episode has dropped from #9 in the free games charts on the app store to as low as #29. this is the kind of loss that makes companies take notice and make changes!! if we all work together as a community and stop playing and giving money to episode until they fix this, they will have no choice but to take notice! it seems so drastic, but just these small things can make a huge difference, especially if we all do them!

TL;DR: if we appeal to episode’s wallets as opposed to their sense of community, we have a better chance of them listening to us and changing the policy back!

12 Likes

Honestly I don’t like this update I think that it’s not convenient because as a reader you are too worried about what stories you can read and make it worth of your pass, you don’t have the possibility to read a story by wasting more passes because you liked it, you have to wait another four hours to keep reading a story you liked it very much

6 Likes

Hey, does this happen to anyone? Ever since I realized my tickets are not being refilled, I decided to rely on the daily challenges where I get to earn free tickets. But they skipped the Day 3 challenge and now I can ONLY earn gems and I can’t get anymore tickets -_-

5 Likes

That happens too so I’m not playing episode at the moment

6 Likes

Thank you for this thread! I’m still so angry about this new policy :angry:
I agree to all of you. We can’t read as much as we won’t to and I sure as hell, won’t spend any of my passes on a Episode story by episode authors. Like you all said, when we don’t have enough passes, we won’t read as much as before and therefore we’ll watch less ads, what is also bad for episode itself. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I hope that they are going to change it back. Otherwise it will affect the app dramatically. :confused:
I’ve never bought passes and I never will, no matter what episode does. It’s also very unfair to those who can’t afford passes. Are they not allowed to read in this app anymore or just every 4 hours? :unamused:

8 Likes

Has Episode said anything back yet? I’m so annoyed, I saved 233 passes and now I have 220 and I’m a writer on Episode too, like that’s not fair to the readers. We have to wait FOUR HOURS for passes and apparently you won’t even get the rewards if you buy passes. I’m really pissed about this. Not everyone has money to dish out for Episode, seriously.

7 Likes

This is very upsetting :frowning:
Because of this, some of us have no motivation to play on Episode.
And some of us gained passes on this app as well as rewards, so putting this rule in place is just devastating since participating in these challenges increases our amount of passes, making it harder for them to re-load. Argh.
I now only read one episode because of this :frowning:
Hopefully it gets fixed!
It is honestly a sad update…

8 Likes

After the initial freak out, Episode passes reloaded at your top 4, but if you dip below 8, say 7 passes left, you’ll only reload to 11 passes. If you buy or earn more in top of that 11, those will not reload.

I had 90 passes. By the time I figured out no reload I was to 84. My 80-84 were recharging, but I went down to 72 (got carried away reading, and now 72-76 are recharging. I earned 2 passes for reading (78 passes now) but I read one story and I’m not recharging at 77. I think if I read more, I’ll recharge from 72-76, but this is bs.
I am posting here, but also creating help tix.
Actually, my first 2 help tix were deleted without answer, so I screenshot those and added more. This is outrageous.

8 Likes

LOl I remember when I had like 45 passes now I have 0 and I have to wait a few hours for the passes, see this is why I read Wattpad more

6 Likes

I have never, and probably never WILL meet you, but I already love you. Let’s hope this works/

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone is much happier when we can have 40 passes and only use 4 every 4 hours but know that we can use an extra few to read a really good episode of experience more/different episodes. Episode should allow readers to read as much or as little that readers feel like reading. They still haven’t changed anything (to my knowledge). Episode needs to worry about readers instead of money because no readers mean no money,no money ,no episode so no readers… Just let people read and escape!!!

9 Likes

Because of this I won’t read any new stories only the stories I’m currently reading once there all completed I probably delete the app

5 Likes

This change is nothing but unfair. A lot of people took a long time to save the passes, so them could be used later. Now we have to use them all just to get 4 passes? Honestly, I refuse to read any story in this situation.

8 Likes

please change the old pass refill policy back :’( this is really harmful for me :frowning:

6 Likes

This update is going to be an issue for authors out there, especially new and upcoming authors. Cause people would rather waste their passes on the stories they already have in their shelves instead. I hope Episode would reconsider to revert back to how it used to be, so the authors won’t be at a disadvantage.

8 Likes