So, like what the title says, this is a suggestion for EPISODE. What if EPISODE comes out with different ‘sections’ for different age groups? It’ll work like this: just turned teenagers (13-15) can be sectioned off to just the 13+ section, where all stories there are tame and are suitable for younger audiences. Then there will be a 15+ section where teenagers can read stories that are more matured themed then the 13+ section. And maybe, if we so dare, a 18+ section where all the stories that just want to let loose (within reason of course) are allowed, and won’t be available unless you are above 18 years.
Before you decide, listen to this:
- If EPISODE has sections for the different age groups, us writers who wish to make slightly more mature themed stories, can put our story in the 15+ section, so it wouldn’t appear in the 13+ section.
- Hopefully this will filter out some of the children (who claim to be older) and limit them to only the 13+ section.
- Those who wish to discuss opinions in the forums or just chat in general, they can be with others in their age group and won’t lead to as big of some problems (teens and adults fighting).
- This’ll hopefully lessen the stress and burden of writers who want to write a decent story, but faces constant pressure to obey the content guidelines (the rules that say everything must be for 13+ only).
- Also, if we take into account EPISODE’s guidelines (which are made for 13+) then 13+ catagory should have a lot of stories so no need to worry : ).
- It can also be benifical for people who just want to avoid 15-18+ stories altogether, they can just head over to the 13+ stories instead.
Also, if you want to say no, please discuss why first because you might want to change your mind!
For more about the subject, we discussed this in an earlier topic: https://notquitefetch.episodeinteractive.com/t/should-episode-be-15-instead/1383/68
Everyone can discuss their opinions on this!
EDIT: Like what @BoredBabe has suggested, just adding a ‘mature’ section for more mature stories, I personally believe this is a better option, is also an option people can debate on down below. It’s easier and ropes all more mature themes and stories in one place.
- I support this idea.
- I don’t support this.