APP: What if we make 'sections' for different age groups?

This is an interesting idea, but I think we all know everyone will venture off into their desired section, especially if you’re young and the bad boy, pregnancy, and gang leader cliches don’t appeal to you.

2 Likes

True, but if we use EPISODE’s content guidelines (since they are supposedly 13+) then technically, they should have a lot of options. Also, sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I was away from the computer.

Cheers,
R.

1 Like

okay first of all i want angry until now, its their choice we cant punish everyone because of stupid teenager life is life get off of episode if it bothers you so much (did not mean that in the rude way it sounded and it wasnt just for you it was for the stupid people out there)

1 Like

but episode doesnt even follow ther own guidlines, “dont promote guns or drugs” has almost every story about a ganag and guns and drugs “dont have sexual content” has a story call “loving bad” where all it talks about is sex and have you seen the cover! they dont follow their own guidlines and then expect us to

3 Likes

i agree but episode itself doesnt even follow their own guidelines with their fetured storues

2 Likes

Excuse me, but I cannot understand, I apologize, but I do understand ‘get off of episode’. You see, I am just offering a suggestion to a problem, and that problem is that, not all, but a lot of teenagers are causing and stirring up trouble on EPISODE, along with younger audiences and under age kids. Not only are some of them stirring up trouble among the forums, but they are making stories without following the content guidelines. But if we start creating sections that allow certain age groups in certain places, then it wouldn’t be as much as a problem. It won’t be the end of all problems, but it’ll defiantly help a lot.

This is my response to your other post:
While the picture does seem suggestive, it’s technically not breaking any rules. While it might have suggestive content, it was made by the EPISODE team, so we can’t argue with them. We just have to bite our tongues and follow through with this unfairness. But if we do have the sections, it’ll stop 13-15yr olds from viewing all of that suggestive content. And it’ll lessen the burden of writers to be making stories only for 13+, they can instead be allowed to make 15+ content. If you understand.

Cheers,
R.

1 Like

What would you classify as 13+ content vs 15+ content?

1 Like

Hi! The title of this post currently doesn’t follow the guidelines for feature requests as “Episode” isn’t a category. Please review those guidelines and change your title to ensure your post isn’t closed or deleted! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t agree. I read all stories. So would my kids, which are still under 13, but they can’t because they don’t understand English so good.

We live in different countries, we raise our kids differently. My kids can watch and read stories with sexual content or any other.

But Episode solved this problem smoothly (with restricting content), so let it be the way it is. It’s the middle way between my wishes and your wishes.

3 Likes

Well, takes take into account of these couple of things:
(excessive) Swearing, there’s plenty of this in EPISODE, when there shouldn’t be.
Violence: Again, shouldn’t be in EPISODE but there are.
Sexual content: Unless you are mature enough, you shouldn’t defiantly not be allowed to see this type of stuff.
But all of this stuff slips by EPISODE anyway, when they should clearly be 15+.
What I would consider 13+ to be is:
Lesser forms of swearing: So like, the c-word, that, in an age-rating viewpoint, is fine.
Lesser forms of violence: So like, don’t get into the nitty gritty about scenes with violence in them, or don’t have a lot of it in it.
No sexual content: So no suggestive scenes or title covers or anything that could be sexual in any way.

^That’s what I would describe being 13+ vs. 15+ .

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I was sleeping.
Cheers,
R.

2 Likes

Not sure if ‘APP’ is correct but there you go anyway.

Cheers,
R.

2 Likes

Well like I told you before, there’s a set mental age that children shouldn’t and should be exposed to certain things. Take for instance, a game like the Grand Auto Theft franchise, it’s an R rated franchise, and that means that anyone under the age of 18+ should not be allowed to play. Why? Because it contains sexual scenes, drugs, violence, and many other incredibly horrifying aspects to life that children shouldn’t be introduced to so soon. And if they get the idea in their heads that all the stuff in that certain gaming franchise is alright, ei running people over and engaging in taking harmful substances, than there’s a significant chance that they’ll end up doing those things when they’re older. It’s a less of a problem with EPISODE, while not as dangerous as an R rated video game franchise, it still has that power to influence people to do these things. It’s just not as noticeable, or not as strong.

Cheers,
R.

2 Likes

Perfect! Appreciated :v:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has voted! Be it good or bad, it’s nice to see that people care about this issue enough to debate about it. : D

Cheers to everyone,
R.

2 Likes

Well we play it together (gta5):wink: And through these scenes I teach them also and explain the difference between right and wrong :slight_smile:
Other kids are left alone when playing it. Mine have me by their side. I believe that counts :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say so. No matter at ALL, the ratings say anyone, even when accompanied by a person of the right age, under the age of the rating should NOT be allowed to play. It can actually be quite damaging for the children’s mental attitude for the future, ei being more violent, making lewd comments and could even go as far as doing inappropriate things in public.

I’m not arguing against your parenting skills, I’m just stating what could happen, if you let children continue to do these kinds of things.

Cheers,
R.

2 Likes

So please EPISODE, if you can at least consider the idea, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
R.

1 Like

They could also just ban certain stories that cross the line. Like romancing teen pregnancies

2 Likes

But a lot of stories on EPISODE technically ‘cross the line’, and EPISODE doesn’t have the time to clear/ban all of them. I personally think it would actually be easier to add the whole sections thing so people can just put their stories in whatever section they want.

Cheers,
R.
(Also, if you reply sooner than later, I might not get back to you until a couple of hours, I’m going to bed now.)

2 Likes

Like I commented on your “Should Episode be 15+” if EPISODE was to check your google account to go to your “categorized” age group, from that point on it’s possible that EPISODE could track you and figure out your private information from google.

ps: I have no idea why EPISODE would track you down or want to know your private information, but it’s possible.

1 Like