Appearing overlays (without opacity)

Hey guys! So your girl is back with another very confusing question :joy:
I am going to explain this the best that I can okay!? I don’t know if it is easy to understand but it makes sense in my head :confused:

So, is there any way to make an overlay appear without changing the opacity? I understand how to make an overlay fade in or fade out, but for example, if I wanted blood to run down a characters arm, is there any way that I could make it appear from the top to the bottom? I know that you could use a line of blood and simply shift the overlay down, but I want to know if there is a way to have a blood overlay ‘run’ or ‘drip’ down a characters arm rather than just appear or fade in as a whole.

Any help would be appreciated :blush:
Thanks in advance,
Mackenzie xoxo

Do you mean for an overlay just to pop up without fading?

If so, just write:
@overlay [overlay name] create
@overlay [overlay name] opacity 1

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I closed the forums by accident and didn’t get the notification. But no, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. I mean is there a way to make an overlay appear another way then fading in or ‘popping up’ if that makes sense.

I guess I understand how you mean,
Let’s say your blood overlay is placed at 1.0 250 0
Like in this picture:

If you want to achieve this:

You’d have to change the overlay’s size.

Before it was 1.0!
But now for animation it scales to 1.0 1.8 in 2
Pause for a beat
Scales to 1.0 1.0 in 0

And it will become same as it was.

1 Like

if you want overlay to move you will have to shift it or scale it
as sugested above another way is to make it similar like giff…upload many overlays each little bit bigger and make tham apear them one by one so it will look like the blod line is increasing

1 Like

I was thinking of using the multiple overlays technique, and I originally tried to do that, but I feel like it didn’t run smoothly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I can’t believe I didn’t just think of this.
I overthought it rather than thinking of a simple solution :joy:
Thank you so much for the help! <3

1 Like

@Sydney_H @Jeremy Please can you close this thread?

1 Like

Marked as solved and closed. Thanks @CoraMae!