Appropriate mini games for new story

Hey, everyone, I am doing a new story and I am looking for help with mini-game ideas, or templates (will credit appropriately) the story is a contestant-based story, so I’d like mini-games that make sense with that plot.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

What’s the contest that they are competing in?

winning a guys heart.

Okay, so kinda Bachelor feels?

You could have them compete to be the best at something the LI likes ( dance battle, a sport, etc)
You could do a trivia style game (the LI wants a woman who can hold a conversation about interesting things) and just do a few easy and a few harder trivia questions – if you do this, try for common knowledge topics.
You could do a plan a date mini-game for the character to impress the LI
OR
Do a sort of ‘mean’ mini game of sabotage and your MC has to maneuver through a sticky situation (such as having another contestant learn something about the MC that would be embarrassing and they have to talk themselves out of the situation) or in reverse have your MC sabotage another contestant who is planning on doing it to someone the MC has gotten close to?

Also, you could do a timed choice speed-date type thing where the readers have to pick prewritten responses that best describe them (go for generalities that many people would agree suits them (i.e. Are you religious: Yes, No, I’m spiritual but not religious, etc) Favorite types of food, sports, hobbies, quotes they believe in etc all would work for this type of scenario.

1 Like

Oh thought of one that would be kind heavy on animating overlays but you could do a cook a breakfast type game where the reader has to pay attention throughout the LIs dialogues to make the ‘perfect’ breakfast in bed meal for the LI.

I love all your ideas, lol now I just need to know how to code mini games, this is the first story I am doing with them, and I am trying to do something more interesting and interactive.

1 Like

I’ve only done one in a story that I didn’t publish but I don’t think you are looking for a search and find murder clues :joy:

But I suggest checking out https://www.dara-amarie.com and the episode guides (found on the My Stories tab of the portal and I think Joseph Evans has a video about mini games and timed choices.

2 Likes

I have dara book marked :), I will definately look for Joseph Evans though, I love Dara and she has so much useful things, sometimes I have a hard time understanding her instructions though, I am definately better seeing it visually.

1 Like

Evans has a playlist of episode tutorials that cover a wide range of topics and it’s just a lot of trial and error but in the end, I’ve got faith that you can figure things out and your story will turn out awesome :smiley:
I’ve found episode’s guides to be pretty helpful on understanding the coding layout. After that you just have to give it a go.

1 Like

thank you, I appreciate your help and vote of confidence. :smiley:

1 Like

No problem. After you’ve figured out some, if you’d like a tester, I’ll be more than happy to give it a play through and give any pointers or thoughts on them.

One thing I can say: If you are going for an interactive style story, don’t cram them all together- like 2-3 for longer episodes or 1-2 for shorter episodes… .and try to mix it up from one episode to the next so it doesn’t feel to readers like they are playing the same game over and over.

Good luck and happy writings! Feel free to message me if you need a tester or just someone to help nit-pick your story ( It does help to have someone who can watch through your work and tell you when they spot things like sliding characters or speech bubbles facing the wrong person, frozen animations, grammar/spelling errors that episode doesn’t pick up on like using on instead of in, etc)

1 Like

Actually I am putting kind of a twist on this story, for instance if they don’t make the right decision they are not going to be able to go further, they will be given the option of replaying a chapter to go on, but chapter 4 is going to require a passcode you can only get by making the right choices.

2 Likes

That sounds really neat-- are you planning on just having it start again from a certain section or replay the entire episode? I would just have it bounce back before the game instead of the entire episode.

it’s going to bounce to where the choices that matter begin.

1 Like

Sounds like a sound plan :smiley:

Well, I’m off for the night so just let me know if you need a tester when you are ready to show your work. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

I will thank you and good night.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The story sounds interesting of how the story plot coming along . but makes sure there no gems please readers having hard times with gems choice but gems can be used in end of the story just when they makes choice it hard for them to buy gems. but feels free do anything with you’re story it sounds interesting :relaxed: :relaxed: @Court_episode

1 Like

I try to only put support the author gems in, although I have a couple with a outfit choice in the beginning.

1 Like

:blob_sun: omg yes clothes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i love when it dress up times

1 Like