Are mafia and criminal stories the same? Share your opinion. ( I'm comfushed đź‘€)

Mafia and criminal stories everybody has a different opninion…but I am wondering are mafia stories (about mafia leaders) and criminal stories (about criminals that are a gang) the same (in your eyes)? because when people say they don’t like mafia stories for whatever reason ( I respect your opinion) I get confushed if they’re also talking about criminal stories and wonder if they are actually the same. Maybe I’m just stupid but I think there is a difference…and maybethis is not the best place to ask this so I might delete this again but I just wanna know because I’m confushed.

This is not a threat to talk about how wrong or good mafia/criminal stories are…just me wanting an answer on my question.

4 Likes

When I think of the mafia, I think more about (warning: sensitive topics) k-lling and d—th and destruction and violence. With just your average criminals, not quite as much. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I really haven’t done much research on any mafia/crime-related things, so I’m probably not the right person to ask.

2 Likes

Okay thank you anway… :joy:

2 Likes

Anytime :joy:

2 Likes

When there is a thread asking for mafia stories people be like I LOVE MAFIAAA!! and authors be like here is my story!! When there is a thread asking for criminal/murderer story people be like ew why do want to have a murderer as your li it disgustin

2 Likes

But I kinda agree with you…to me criminals are the illegal kind of people…mafia leaders are more feared and whatever ( don’t like the abusive ones but okay) ( :woman_facepalming:I said myself this isn’t a place to talk about what’s wrong and good about it sorry again) :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

So it’s not the same?

2 Likes

Imo they are the same. Not sure about them mafia lovers :crazy_face: A mafia is always a criminal so…

2 Likes

Oh :joy: well then I’m just stupid and have set myself up :eyes: I know they’re all criminals but I thought criminal gangs were more illegal than mafia leaders but okay thank you for the help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heartpulse: ( and yes I do like them not that it matters but ok :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

All of them are criminal and does illegal things (murders, drugs, r*pe, extortion). They are not a criminal if not doin something illegal and doing illegal things means they are criminals

2 Likes

I mean that criminals are more like (people in that world) don’t know who they are ( as in never saw their face ) …and with mafia leaders they know who they are …but actually you’re right :woman_facepalming: because some people wrote that they (mafia leaders) also were unknown, so I don’t know it anymore … I just confuse myself more and more :sob:

Sorry if you’re like …WTF is she talking about … I don’t even know anymore :grin: :sob: :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Mafia are criminals so it’s the same thing in a way, there’s nothing wrong about adding characters as criminals in your story, if it fits your plot reasonably. The mafia are extremely dangerous, criminals commit crimes. So you can relate to each other easily, but if you want to portray your story with these types, go ahead! You’re the one writing it :blue_heart:

2 Likes

tbh I do not really understand this but its okay haha

There this is the tricky part. We all know there are many mafia lovers and mafia haters out there and I respect all their preference. Everyone got right to like what they like. A grown up girl may love reading episode mafia stories because they know rl mafia is not like that. The reason why mafia get a lot of hate is because there are many young readers here that will have misconception about mafia (like you? but you did the right thing to make this post)

2 Likes

Yes I’m still young and maybe stupid but I don’t know if it’s a good story I like it…I’m adding criminals in my story as well but they are no mafia leaders they are the villans (kinda) so that’s why I wanted to know. Even after reading so many stories about it I’m still confushed :sob:

1 Like

sorry lol i meant in the mafia stories they always say that the mafia leader is known ( they know who he is ) but feared while when it’s about a criminal who steals and murders people I think of a criminal that nobody knows like they don’t know who it is no name or face, because they live from stealing while mafia leaders have a whole thing with selling guns and everything else i said sometimes it’s the other way around and the criminals are also a gang that sell stuff so i’m just confusing myself.

( sorry if you still don’t understand)

2 Likes

I get what you mean now. This fact is quite true.

2 Likes

The Mafia and Criminals are not the same thing. In reality they are very different.

Criminals covers a wide range of people who commit an entire range of different crimes. The Mafia is a select group of people who are in a Mafia. Their crimes are usually under the title of organised crime.
The Mafia is also separate from Gangs and Gang activity as they still aren’t the same thing, and some Gangs just do petty stuff, others more serious crimes.

In stories, you can have a Mafia theme… or a criminal theme, but if your criminal isn’t specifically in a Mafia, then it is not a Mafia story.

3 Likes

This is what I thought thank you I get it now I think :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m glad you understand my confushing words now :grin:

2 Likes

i think mafia stories mostly are about the mob shootings and confrontations and party in bars and meetings in the boss’s lux office and criminal stories are usually about the criminal (usually mc/li) evading jail time, running away from cops, has a hard background, homeless and orphaned.

2 Likes