cause it would be gangs here (America)
Right?

2 Likes

True

russia america asia, I actually think all countries has a mafia

1 Like

but they started in Sicily I know that cause of history class

2 Likes

The word “mafia” is Italian (specifically Sicilian) but organized crime syndicates exist in several countries, they just have different names for it.

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

1 Like

Yes, but mafia is just the title of an organized criminal group
but Mafia is linked with people who are Italian or of Italian heritage.
The Russians are party of the Russian Mob
Yakuza is tied to the Japanese
The Triad are mainly Chinese
MS-13 are located in LA but members are mostly Salvadoran immigrants

4 Likes

Answer 1: No, they were invented from the imaginations of teenage girl writers on Wattpad and Episode to be gangs full of conveniently single, attractive, shallow 20-something white male supermodels with terrible personalities who kidnap and fall in love with bland self-insert female protagonists.

Answer 2: Yes, they are real and they exist in Italy. Watch The Godfather. They also generally consist of amoral, middle-aged men with wives, children, average looks, and lots of guns. In short, they are real criminals who run shady businesses and kill people.

Answer 1 is a joke, by the way. Please don’t take it seriously. Answer 2 is also not entirely serious, but yes, the mafia was/has been/is real and has killed people.

5 Likes

Well not just Italy, New York during the 30’s-50’s had a huge amount of mafia related crimes even now they are still around just instead of hiding they do tv shows like mob wives.

well most times their tanned and Italian/Spanish with names like Valentino, Xander, Xavier and Alexander

nOt LiKe I KnOW fRoM eXpEriENcE oR AnYtHiNg…

4 Likes

All over the world but mainly Italy,Russia & Mexico

1 Like

Mafia and gang are typically the same thing. It’s just used differently depending in the area you live

2 Likes