Are There Any Episode Members Who Have Epilepsy?

I want to know because I do have flashing scenes in my upcoming squad entry if you do plan on reading, and want to put a warning there for readers. Each scene that contains flashing, there will ALWAYS BE A WARNING. So, if you do have Epilepsy, please let me know in the comments.

2 Likes

I did, but I grew out of it I am happy to say, it been seven years since my last

also, most people with epilepsy aren’t actually triggered by flashing lights, . buts it’s still nice of you to add the warning for those who are triggered.

3 Likes

Yep, this is what I am most careful of and want to spread the word.

2 Likes

I don’t but I always recommend adding “Flashing scenes coming up” in a reader message a few lines before just so that the reader knows and at the start of the chapter “This story contains flashing scenes:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

wow, that’s amazing.

1 Like

normal peilepsy arent really a thing you grow out of, mine was not that, its was more one created out of stress, between school bullying and some other stuff. when I got moved to another school and was in theropu, they got less freaquent as I got better, until one day they stopped.

1 Like

Wow.

1 Like

if it’s in every scene maybe ask them at the beginning if they are sensitive to flashes so they can choose to read the story with or without the flashing effect. idk, just an idea

1 Like

Yeah, someone just messaged me about the choices to add that in the beginning, so im trying to learn how to, I think that’s a branching choice? hm…

1 Like

yeah! super simple, ask them a question and put a flag inside the brackets of each response so choice
“Yes” {
gain YES_FLASH
} “No” {
gain NO_FLASH
}
then at your scenes you do if/elif/else so
if (YES_FLASH) {
goto scene_1_flash
} elif(NO_FLASH) {
goto scene_1_no_flash
} else {
}
then have 2 labels scene_1_flash and scene_1_no_flash with a goto after that brings them back together to the same story line

1 Like

I’m still trying to understand if,elif, and else, so help me out a little. :sweat:

INT. WINSHIP BLUR ENTRY - DAY
&cut to zone 1
NARRATOR
Please confirm if you’re sensitive to a flashlights.
choice
“Yes” {
gain YES_FLASH
} “No” {
gain NO_FLASH
}
then at your scenes you do if/elif/else so
if (YES_FLASH) {
goto scene_1_flash
} elif(NO_FLASH) {
goto scene_1_no_flash
} else {
}

yes, that’s perfect. if/elif/else is just a condition statement so if they gained a flag, then the computer will read the code inside of the if brackets; elif is like or if so “or if” they gained that flag then the computer will read the code inside those brackets; else is like otherwise proceed on, so if neither of those flags were gained (which, like obvi they will since you make them choose lol) the computer will otherwise proceed on with the coding below. does that make sense?

1 Like

oh, damn that’s a lot to take in.

1 Like

it’s okay, it’s hard because it’s a different kind of thinking. don’t look at the codes like a template, but more of individual commands (like when you tell a character to walk to a certain spot) that are linked together because they are all part of the same statement (similar to a compound sentence)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.