Are we allowed to add sex in our stories?

Okay so I’ve seen many stories that hint at sex but when I read the guidelines it seems like we can’t add sex in our story?: can anyone explain.

1 Like

Nudity / Sexual Content:

1. No depiction of sex (or anything suggesting that sex is occurring at that moment) in any form, including but not limited to, nudity in a sexual context, gyrating bodies, oral sex, or moaning/groaning.
  2. No explicit sexual details of what is happening, has happened or will happen off-screen
  3. No nudity without censor bars or scenery to censor
  4. No reference to orgies, sexual fetishes, and specific sexual positions
  5. No descriptions or depictions of non-consensual sex. Through content or through choice selection, the reader must be able to give consent to having sex or performing sexual acts (i.e. reader must always have the option to turn it down without punishment or judgment)
  6. No graphic/explicit/detailed description or depiction of active, ongoing sexual abuse involving a character who is under 18 years of age.
  7. No graphic/explicit/detailed description or depiction of illegal relationships such as incest

MEANING, and as I quote from @alliesepisode:

Your characters can not have sex or describe sex on screen. They also can’t describe it happening off screen in vivid detail. This means they can still have sex, there are just limitations in the way it’s represented. From what I can tell, you could have scene with two characters kissing in front of a bed and then fade to black. (Then it is implied, but technically the characters could just be giving each other a sweet lil kiss before taking a nap) One important change to the guidelines is that you can’t describe or depict non-consensual sex. This means that your character can’t be forced into doing something by another character. Along with this, when you give readers a choice to sleep with another character you can NOT punish them for saying “No.”

5 Likes

Okay thank you!

1 Like

Moved to Creator’s Corner since this is not about coding or directing help. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Lmao who flagged this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.