Are you an Episode writer? Please take this anonymous survey!

Hey! I hope I am in the right forum thread :sweat_smile:
I am just here to get a gist on the general writer community here. It’s just for fun, and it’s anonymous!
You may reply to these questions if you want to, you can also PM me after taking these votes if you want to share anything. :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Do you have a story written besides on Episode?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. Do you have an Instagram/ Twitter/ Facebook account (any one of these) solely to promote your story?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. Are you willing to help lesser known authors without expecting anything in return?
  • Yes!
  • Depends
  • Not at all

0 voters

1. Do you feel stigmatised/ pressured on your story reads/ ranking?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. Do you feel your story ideas/ name is being stolen/ plagiarised by other authors? (Be it by well known or brand new authors)
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Thank you for participating :grin:

21 Likes

For Q1, what if my written story (besides episode) is unpublished?

2 Likes

You should answer yes, as you are attempting to write a story besides this platform.
Thank you for answering them :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is not a serious survey… don’t worry :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
  1. Technically, my episode story is the one unpublished currently. Taking time to learn coding, and being busy writing my other stories else where, makes that a slower process. But yeah, I have 5 off of episode.

2. My instagram was created for promoting my writing, but I use it as a general Instagram account too.

3. It really depends. I’m more than happy to help people, however, it’s more likely to come from my own choice. So if I reached out as an option for people to send their stories and I would promote some, or if I read some stories that were less well known and decided to share them. I choose this way more, as I get plenty of people sending me messages just asking me to promote their stories, or even sending blank DMs with links attached and not even bothering to politely request it. I find this behaviour very rude. Personally, I don’t go requesting people to read my work, and so I think it’s disrespectful to use people for your own gain. I’m happy to help, but on my own terms, not through being used basically.

4. Nope. I write for myself and for the people that enjoy my creations. Whilst reads and ranks are terrific for motivation, and always a lovely surprise. If that becomes the main focus then you lose heart in what you’re doing. If other people choose to not read people’s work, based off of their rank or reader numbers, then they are the ones missing out. I’ve seen some terrific stories with only a couple of hundred reads, and some with millions. Read what appeals to you, regardless of numbers. You can find that story that blows you away.

5. No, not to my knowledge anyway lol. I would hope not, especially as my stories are all copyrighted.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on these. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:
And I totally agree with your reasonings for no. 3 and 4 :grinning:

1 Like

No problem :blush:

1 Like
  1. Yes :slight_smile: but I started with Episode

2. Yes (IG) and a webpage. I created my IG when I started writing.

3. Sure. If people DM me for directing help and stuff like that I’ll help. But if people DM me out of nowhere to read and share their story (when we’ve never spoken before) then no. So I guess it depends what they want help with?

4. No… but I had a high-performing story briefly on a different app and I felt a lot of pressure to update it.

5. No, but I did have someone reach out to me once asking if they could write a story with the same title as mine, in the same genre and with the same premise :expressionless: . My premise isn’t exactly original, but all those things together? No lol. I’ve never come across any published stories that I felt were a knockoff of mine.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your insight on these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh wow! That person sure has guts to do so :joy:

1 Like

I don’t normally write on episode, I use another platform. I’m just a reader on episode x

1 Like

That’s nice :smile:
I wish you all the best as a writer :blush:

Thank you x

1 Like

Bump! :joy:

Bump again! :joy:

Bumping this again! :sweat_smile: