Are you guys okay with cliff hangers?

Do you like them/ think they are a necessity to keep reading?

7 Likes

Yes. I have no problem with it

1 Like

i like them. they make me want to keep reading

1 Like

I love them, but are they necessary? No. You don’t have to have a cliffhanger at the end of every episode to keep me intrigued. If I like the story I’ll keep reading :))

4 Likes

I think it depends what kind of story you are making and what kind of genre, for example if it were comedy (sitcom like) then I don’t its necessary to have a cliff hanger but if its a romance, action, adventure etc… I think it would be nice to have a cliff hanger.

I hope this helps💕

8 Likes

Cliff hangers always make me want more and to know more! Hope this helps :grin:

I think cliffhangers are what makes the stories interesting and get the reader excited for what happens next, but “false cliffhangers” as I call them, aren’t.

Examples of false cliffhangers:

Having no drama at all in the episode except a scare at the end where it zooms into a characters shocked face.

Those questions: “Will LI fall in love with MC?” “What happens next? Keep reading to find out!” “Uh oh, LI’s a bay boy! Will he change for you?”

False cliffhangers to a story are unnecessary and just there to create false drama, but an actual plot leading up to the cliffhanger is so much better and more interesting!

2 Likes

I think exactly the same as @Episoidewriter007 & @nqomie, comedy doesn’t need them but most other genres can benefit from them quite often (:

2 Likes

Cliff hangers always intrigue me to keep reading the story, but you don’t need them.

1 Like

my story has some comedy but also has romance (its not the entire plot tho)

1 Like

I prefer only having cliffhangers on important events where it actually has an impact and having a cliffhanger ending on every chapter gets annoying sometimes

especially since most of the time it’s a false cliffhangers like you think something bad happened to someone but it was just a misunderstanding that gets fixed in the first minute of the next episode or they purposely cut episodes short just so that they can have a pointless cliffhanger which won’t even matter next episode but it’s not a deal breaker for me, just kinda annoying if not done right

1 Like

But what genre does your story go as a whole?

But I think that best way to see if your story could use a cliff hanger, is to plan it out and see if there is any episode/chapter that can benefit from making it dramatic because essentially that what cliff hanger is used for.

I hope this helps💕

1 Like

No essential but It’s a perfect way to get ppl to pay for early access, I enjoy stories more w it + keeps me hooked! But one thing I would say, is pls don’t add false cliff hangers. Like, MC sees Li all beaten up n then u hear a shooting noise, the episode ends, u pay fo4 early access & it turns out to b a dream. When that happens, I literally die & usually stop reading bc of the frustration

2 Likes

yeah. especially if it’s an unexpected/ clever one!!

2 Likes

I love cliffhangers! But there are other ways to keep having reads.

1 Like

please tell me these other ways, i want my readers to have a satisfying ending but also makes them invested in my story

1 Like

you don’t always need cliffhangers, but it keeps me going to read more of the story. usually most stories that i read have some cliffhangers in the end of an episode and other ones are just normal ending episodes.

1 Like

I love cliff hangers. And they can be pretty essential in keeping your reader hooked and anticipating for the next chapter. Especially since authors on Episode typically update biweekly or once a month. Readers can lose interest in that amount of time, so i think it’s important that the reader is left off with something to remember. And cliffhangers do best with that.

Cliffhangers aren’t essential for every chapter tho. I feel like that would be too excessive.

1 Like