Are You the One? ∙ Season Six ∙ Official Thread

Welcome to season six of Are You The One, a reality show in which competitors will compete in hopes of finding love and winning a million dollar prize. All competitors will have a perfect match, but they will not know who it is, as their goal is to find their perfect match. This season takes place in Kona District, Hawaii.

This season, there will be thirteen matches, except one guy is matched with two girls. If the guy goes into the truth booth with one of the girls and gets a perfect match, the other will be sent home.

In this roleplay, each week will be three RP days. Each RP day will equal two days in real life. (Although I may change this if the RP moves very slowly or quickly)

During the first day, there will be a competition and there will be two (sometimes three and maybe only one) winners. The winners will be able to choose who they want to take on a date unless it’s one of the weeks where someone else chooses for them. After the competition, all of the contestants will socialize in the house.
OR
If this does not happen, the contestants will socialize during the day and at night, something called the fate button will be used. For the fate button, one girl goes up and presses the button and it lands on two pictures of the girls. Those two girls will be going on the date. A guy then does the same thing and the two guys that are shown will be going on a group date the next day. This will not be done as often as the challenges will.

During the second day, the date will take place and the other contestants will socialize in the house. The rest of the contestants will also choose which couple on the date they want to send into the truth booth, which will reveal if the couple is a perfect match or not. The chosen couple will then get in the booth when they get back from their date, and if they are a perfect match they will spend one last night with the other contestants before going off to the honeymoon suite. If they are not a perfect match, they will have to try to move on to continue on in the search of their perfect match.

During the third day, the contestants will socialize and get ready for the match ceremony at night. Each week either the girls or guys will have their pick of who they want to sit with at the ceremony. There will then be twelve lights and every light represents a perfect match. The number of lights that are lit is how many perfect matches are sitting together at the ceremony.

The goal of the game is that by the end of twelve weeks all thirteen lights will be on. If they are, the million dollar prize will split in between all the contestants. If they are not, they will walk away with nothing.

Rules:
-Turn notifications on for this thread!
-Write at least 5-6 sentences per character!
-If your character is approachable, make them approach another approachable character, don’t just wait for some to approach your character or just post that they’re approachable if you know others are too!
-No characters can be homosexual. (Sorry!)
-You must be active! (Please have about a conversation (at least five posts on your part in response to the same character) per character a day!)
-If you have two characters, do not neglect one of them and only focus on the other!
-Make sure to keep the roleplay dramatic, so add drama!
-If you are not active for longer than two days without letting me know beforehand, your characters will be put up for adoption! Your character can also be put up for adoption if I decide that you are not active enough!
-Let me know if you are going away!
-No contact with the outside world is allowed. (Unless permitted by Terrence, the host, but you’d have to ask me first)
-No electronic devices are allowed unless they are already in the house like the Fujifilm instant cameras and the TV, but there is nothing on the TV for the characters to watch.
-No books, music, or most things from the outside world are allowed.
-Characters may not leave the area of the house unless they have permission. (From me. For challenges, dates, etc)
-Once your character has found their perfect match in the truth booth and goes to the hotel, they will only be playable at the light ceremony.
-Sex is allowed (In the show there’s actually a room called the boom boom room which will be in the roleplay), but obviously no graphic details! After clothes are off, either you take it to a PM or just time skip!
-Blur curse words!
-DO NOT share details about your characters with anybody else. The only thing you’re allowed to share is what they look like, their name, and their age. Do not share their personality or biography or interests or what they’re looking for in a person. The reason for this is that then it might be easier to determine who is a perfect match which ruins the whole point of the roleplay. The purpose is to discover what the other characters are like yourself instead of being told.
-When you roleplay, please try to stay with what you wrote and don’t change your characters’ personalities because if you do, their perfect match won’t be as compatible with them. If you need your character’s personality or bio or something, you can PM me and I’ll redirect you so you can get the information. Do not tell me any information about your characters though. If you need anything else that doesn’t have to do with your characters’ personalities or the matches, PM me.
-If you are not writing in character, write OOC (Out of Character) or ORP. (Out of Roleplay) Blurring the OOCs is preferable. Try to avoid writing out of character and just type whatever you want to say in the sign-up thread/chat. I’m the only one that can break this rule.
-Do not advertise your own RPs/SGs/any of that on here or the sign-up thread!

If those rules are broken, some will make your character go up for adoption immediately, others will give you a warning or two before your character goes up for adoption!

Waiting List:
@maddy_roleplayz (1 guy)
@Madilnel (1 girl)
@Rose.M (1 guy)
@SilverRose (1 guy)
@Littlefeets (1 girl)
@LittleElf (2 characters)
@Kale (1 character)
@Helen.lovesdogs (2 characters)

Faceclaims: Click here!
House Tour/Map: Click here!
Sign-up/chat thread: Click here!

@Aesthetic, @Kale, @Littlefeets, @jiya.episode, @Madilnel, @Jsoccergirl, @jdepisode, @Ella, @amberh.episode, @I_Liekey, @ChayChay, @Tea_sis, @KBaldi93, @maddy_roleplayz, @elgenbloskenwriter22, @SilverRose, @Rose.M

If you need me to explain anything in more detail, tell me on the sign-up/chat thread or PM me!

List of approachable characters (if your character is on this list, approach another approachable character on this list):

17 Likes

Terrence

“Hey everyone! How’s everyone doin’?” I grinned at the crowd that stood in front of me as I stood in front of the entrance to the house. “I’m your new host, Terrence J. Welcome to Are You the One! This season we are introducing a few twists. The others will be introduced to you later, but to start out, I’ll tell you the first twist. As you may already have realized, there are thirteen guys in front of me and fourteen girls. This season, one guy has not one, but two perfect matches. If the guy goes into the truth booth with one of his perfect matches, while they go to the honeymoon suite, the other girl will have to go home. You all will have twelve weeks to figure out who all the matches are and to sit together by the final match ceremony. Do this and you all will win a million dollars to split. However, if you do not get all thirteen lights by the end of the last match ceremony then you will be going home empty-handed.” I told them. “So, today to start out, I want to know, which girl do you think could be your perfect match?” I asked as I looked at one of the guys.

OOC: Any guy can respond, but they will be going on the date of they respond, so if you won’t be online much on Monday and Tuesday, don’t respond.

@Aesthetic, @luminias, @Littlefeets, @jiya.episode, @Madilnel, @Jsoccergirl, @Alyssa_Epi, @jdepisode, @Ella, @amberh.episode, @Daisy_Flower1, @ChayChay, @Tea_sis, @KBaldi93, @maddy_roleplayz, @elgenbloskenwriter22, @Jordan101, @Xoxo_dimples, @Kittenlove, @Rose.M

10 Likes

Hadley Cox

The house itself was gonna really nice and I loved being in Hawaii. I’d never been here before. I’d traveled to a lot of places in the US with my friends many times before though. I bit my lip as I walked through and looked at all of the rooms. Once I got to the beauty room I obviously checked to make sure my hair and make up looks good. I obviously wanted to make a good impression and if something was messed up I didn’t want that to hinder any opinions of the others. I reapplied a layer of lip gloss, it was Tarte brand and mostly clear but there was a slight tint of pink to it. My hair was just it’s natural curls that went down to a little below my shoulders, middle of my back when straightedges! My outfit itself wasn’t anything super extra but I didn’t want to come strutting in here in a dress and heels on the first day! I wore a white top that cinched, a high waisted jean skirt and a pair of brown Birkenstock’s. As I made my way outside and stood on the deck, the sun was already very hot and I was very thankful for my naturally tan skin for the fact that I probably wouldn’t get sun burnt while I was here! I looked around at all the people here. All the girls were very gorgeous but I wasn’t too intimidated. The guys though, they were a sight to see. I licked my lips to wet them as I let my eyes wander them. I heard the question and looked over at Terrence. The three that caught my eye were a guy with a little scruff on his face and dark hairAnthony, another was a blonde haired boy with some very breath taking eyesSlater and last was another dark haired guy who seemed a little mysteriousOrion. I wasn’t sure who I would’ve said if I only had to chose one though and was asked the question. I smirked and looked around at the boys quickly as they were the ones to answer.

that twist??? Wowowowow

Outfit

7 Likes

EMMA

I take a deep breath as Terrence begins to explain the rules. one million dollars. I take a deep breath. The stakes are high. I took one last deep breath as my eyes wandered towards the boys, all very attractive but only a few drew my liking. one guy. cute, glasses make him seem sophisticated. the other. very attractive, tanned. I stood there with a friendly smile across my face, making sure my posture was straight. All the girls looked great, making me feel mildly intimidated, but nothing I couldn’t handle. I wore a short dress showing my curves. I didn’t have much makeup on, that wasn’t my style. And we stood there as the boys looked everyone up and down.

hair

outfit

@Daisy_Flower1 -mentioned
@jdepisode - mentioned

5 Likes

Dean Lewis

Honestly I was excited as hell that I got in to the show, as cheesy as it sounds I’m ready to find my perfect match, I was sick of all the meaningless sex , the falling in love and being dissapointed, and the dates with random girls that probably had no chance of a lasting relationship anyway.
I looked around as Terrance was introducing things,
I wasn’t 100 percent focused, I was a bit lost in thought, trying to figure out who of all these girls is my match made in heaven, or in the production offices to be more exact.
which girl do you think could be your perfect match?
“It’s hard to say at this point, but I’ll say It’s the one over there, maybe” i slightly pointed at her direction “The beautiful one over there with the brown hair and the beanie” i brushed my hand through my hair and glanced at the girl’s direction with a smirk

Outfit

@Littlefeets - Aida
@kitty4322

5 Likes

Kyra Winslow

Kyra was nervous, to say the least. Although she had psyched herself up for this for months now, she knew even years of preparation would not be enough for her to be ready to go into this. Kyra had made an attempt to look nice, for the first day, but she knew after today her effort would only go down since first impressions are the most important. Even though she was scared, she knew she couldn’t show it - no one wants to be the partner of a terrified wreck. Partner, she repeated in her head, she had only ever had a few month-long relationships in her life, but never considered long, commitment relationship, and now she was on a show where she basically had to. On that note, she looked at the people around her.
Her eyes first fell on Oliver. She tilted her head to the side, he was quite cute - her type? Yes, but she gave herself the chance to consider others before jumping to one. She looked around again, and just like before she stopped on another. Theo. She was quite intrigued by him. Then she looked away again, before any kind of eye contact could be made between them. She realised she needed to approach someone quickly, before everyone was talking to someone and she was alone. Kyra looked around again and stopped at someone who had his back to her. Without thinking, she stepped forward and began a conversation. “Hey, I’m Kyra.” She said, quite confidently considering her nerves. When she finished she actually got a chance to look at who she had approached. Woah. She definitely felt initial attraction towards this person, but she wasn’t going to jump to conclusions without even knowing his name.

OOC:
@kitty4322 - Slater Tresch
@Aesthetic - Oliver Maxwell (mentioned)
@maddy_roleplayz - Theo Reed (mentioned)

6 Likes

Allison Jones
I listened as Terrence explained the rules. One million dollars is normal for me, I don’t really care about the money. I bit on my lip as I looked around. The girls were all gorgeous, but I didn’t feel intimidated. The only thing I was nervous about was the fact that I had to try to find my match. I was excited for the adventure. Maybe this was the adventure of my lifetime? I put my sunglasses up in my now, straightened hair and fixed my dress as I stood there, leaning against the railing. I looked around the guys and saw a couple that I found attractive… Christian, Slater, and Aiden. The other guys were good looking, but they didn’t really catch my eye.

(OOC: @kitty4322 @jdepisode if anyone wants to approach her.)

8 Likes

Terrence

“So you think she could be your perfect match in the game?” I looked at the two, then back at Dean with a grin on my face. “Who knows, maybe you picked right. So you chose Aida.” I then looked over at Aida. “The guy who just chose you is called Dean.” I told her. “Now, for the girls.” I looked at one girl in specific. “Which one of these guys do you think is your perfect match?” I asked.

OOC: Anyone can respond.

@Aesthetic, @luminias, @Littlefeets, @jiya.episode, @Madilnel, @Jsoccergirl, @Alyssa_Epi, @jdepisode, @Ella, @amberh.episode, @Daisy_Flower1, @ChayChay, @Tea_sis, @KBaldi93, @maddy_roleplayz, @elgenbloskenwriter22, @Jordan101, @Xoxo_dimples, @Kittenlove, @Rose.M

11 Likes

Constance “Connie” Hughes :wilted_flower:

Connie took a deep breath of the fresh tropical air after carefully stepping out of the cramped car, at last. She couldn’t believe she was actually going to be on the show. The house was huge, and there were so many people around. Maybe too many. So one of these guys is my perfect match, hm? Connie was ready. She wanted to find her match, whether they were a good one or not. She was ready to play.

“Which one of these guys do you think is your perfect match?”

“Tough question,” Connie said, mostly to herself. She took a quick look around at each of the options, scanning each and every one. “Based off appearance only…. Is it possible for me to choose him?” Connie pointed over at Theo Reed with a soft smile, whoever it was. Seemed like her type, but time will tell.

@maddy_roleplayz
@kitty4322

4 Likes

Slater

I looked around at all of the girls and smiled, wondering which one was my perfect match. They were all pretty, honestly, they could’ve all been my perfect match based on appearances alone, except for maybe one of the girls. I then looked back at Terrence, the host, as he asked some people who they thought was their perfect match. As I listened, I heard someone else talk and looked around, noticing a girl had just talked to me. “Oh, hey. I’m Slater. You said Kyra, right? I’m not sure if I heard you that well since I was listening to Terrence.” I told her.
@Ella

2 Likes

Niall Holden

Niall was quite- very- excited to walk into the house. He hoped this was the opportunity that was long overdue for him to really get to know people, and consider them romantically, or even just as friends - he knew he didn’t have many of them back at home. But perhaps maybe something long-term may even come out of this. No, he shook his head, he knew he was thinking too far ahead and his expectations were too high - which normally always leads to disappointment. But, he was hopeful. And also completely unprepared. Living with only one other person in the house, and then recently just him by himself, it was going to be difficult to adjust to now living with 27 people.
He looked around at these 27 people he was now going to live with. Here was where the fun begins. He tried to discreetly look at all the faces of the girls mainly because eventually, he was going to have to pick one. The first girl he noticed was Mei, she was very pretty - however, Niall couldn’t help but feel a little intimidated by her, so, for now, he moved on and looked around again. This time stopping at Catalina. She was tall and attractive, but then he lost sight of her when other people started walking around and in front of her. He then turned his head and noticed someone else. He wasted no time getting to her and smiled when he did. “Hey there,” He said, cringing a little but he wasn’t sure how else to approach her. “I’m Niall.”

OOC:
@Aesthetic - Allison Jones
@kitty4322 - Mei Kanaan (mentioned)
@Alyssa_Epi - Catalina Adler (mentioned)

5 Likes

Terrence

I looked over at who Connie had pointed at, then nodded. “Yeah, so you chose Theo. Who knows there’s a possibility that you two could be a match as well.” I then looked at Theo again. “The girl who just chose you goes by Connie.” I then shifted my gaze between the four I had just talked to. “You four will be going on a date tomorrow and one of you two couples will be going into the truth booth tomorrow night. Tomorrow, you four will all be going snorkeling.” I told them with a smile. “Everyone is now free to go into the house. Make sure to use this time to get to know everyone. Good luck! I’ll see you all tomorrow.” I waved to them, then walk over to a car which soon drove off after I got in.

7 Likes

THEO REED
When I first saw the house it looked pretty nice while Terrance was explaining I took a look at every girl they all seemed attractive in there own way but some of them looked like some I would go for. While we were waiting for the girls to answer I just standed there smiling I heared my name called then looked at the girl who choose me she was cute I was surprised she picked me Connie
I thought then smirked a bit then went into the house and explored a bit after a while I decided to sit somewhere.
@amberh.episode
APPROCHABLE

4 Likes

Justin Phelps
As soon as we got off the plane we made it to the house that we were going to stay in but before we could go in we saw someone standing by the door and they greeted us. They introduced themselves as Terrance who is the host of those show. He then asked us guys who we think could be there perfect match and I looked over and could not just pick one girl. There all beautiful and I couldn’t just choose one girl. Then a guy spoke and gets to go on the date and I was relieved they did because now I can look at the girls more and try to see if I can eliminate anyone yet. Once Terrance leaves I go into the house and pick my bed. Then I walk out and go try to find one of the ladies and I find one and go to her “sup I’m Justin, what’s your name?”

@Aesthetic- Dean mentioned
@kitty4322- Talking ti Mei

3 Likes

Kyra Winslow

She listened to his response. For some reason, she felt a bit awkward - but this was the point of the show, right? To talk to people and basically hope for the best. But, this was clearly a great start - he didn’t even properly hear her. She glanced over at Terrence, who had already managed to get two people with a pair. She then turned back to the guy she was talking to as he introduced himself as Slater. She couldn’t help but raise her eyebrows, “Slater? That’s quite an unusual name. No offence.” She said, then she considered the fact that maybe Kyra wasn’t exactly a common name either. But she still went on to ask, “Where are you from?” Maybe where he was from would explain his rare name.

OOC:
@kitty4322 - Slater Tresch

2 Likes

Allison Jones
I noticed a guy approach me. He was one of the ones I found attractive. Did he see me looking at him? Oh no… He looked better up close for sure, but I wasn’t going to tell him. I smiled back as he approached me. “Hey… I’m Allison.” I told him. “What brings you here?” I asked. I have to admit, I was a little nervous here. Back home was smaller, and it definitely didn’t have a beach. I kind of liked it though. I’ve traveled many places, including beaches, but this one was different.
@Ella

1 Like

Adia Pérez:

Adia seemed to be right here in her element in hawaii. After she’d landed they were all smiles and gave her a lei at the airport before she’d arrived to the house, and she wore it as she licked a lollipop she’d recieved by the front of the house as she stared at the large assortment of the walking candies just in front of her. There were several guys who could possibly be her type but she admittedly laughed at the fact that one of them was supposed to be her prince charming. All the tall, dark-haired and bright-eyed strangers with evidently well-built bodies she was defintely going to get well aquianted with. But until the host was done she stood by, smirking at anyone who made eye contact with her on the other side as the red sucker tainted her lips and tongue. Once Terrence was done, she mentally chastised herself for not being quicker about choosing a guy she thought was hot, but didn’t dwell on it as she walked into the house with a wide grin. “Geez, they really outdit themselves didn’t they,” she said as she immediately walked over to the bar and examined it.
ORP: APPROACHABLE

Outfit

Aiden Croft:

If this was the company he’d be surrounded in for the next 12weeks then he was honestly glad his brother and boss convinved him to sign up for the show, no matter how uneventful the end result would be. After all, after teo weeks of being in a relationship with Aiden they usually found something to fight about by then.
Terrence asked the two genders who they’d found attractive and a few girls immediately caught his eye, girls he knew he’d end up talking to sooner or later. He entered the house, mouth slightly ajar as he stepped inside. “The damn kitchen is the size of my apartment,” he said with a small murmur, picking up a pan and swinging it by the handle. Until, of course, he hit himself in the head with it and quickly put it bacm down, scanning the room to make sure that little incident went unnoticed.

Outfit

ORP: APPROACHABLE

1 Like

Aida Summers

I stood in front of the house extremely excited. I’m finally on my favorite show! My best friend, and my brother found love because of this show. This is so exciting! I was distracted from my thoughts when one of the guys mentioned me out of all the girls there. I looked at him as Terrance said he was Dean. I glanced at all the other guys then back to him. I was excited to be on the first date, but I did have to admit that Dean was one of the least attractive guys there. I thought about going to introduce myself to him, but I figured since we would be on the date together tomorrow that I should take today to meet some of the other guys here, or even get to know some of the girls. I walked in just in awe of the house. Then I turned and saw the bar, so I went to see what I would have to work with there.

Outfit
@Rose.M - Dean mentioned

ORP: Approachable

3 Likes

EMMA
I took a deep breath and took in my surrounding for one last time before deciding to socialise. I’ve always been a social person, and friendly may I add. But something about this scared me. Knowing that the person for me. Is here.
I walk into the kitchen to find the guy that I was looking at earlier. I laugh as he hits his head with a saucepan. "Oh my god… are you ok?’ I say as I continue giggling. Whoever this guy was intrigued me.
@jdepisode

3 Likes

Mei

I looked at all the other girls who were mostly dressed nicely, while then there was me in a t-shirt and shorts and some white sneakers. I honestly didn’t really care though, I just felt like being comfortable at the moment. Most of the girls looked like they were probably catty and I made a mental note of which ones to avoid, even though I was going to try to avoid all of them. I then looked over at the guys. There were definitely some who were hot. While several stood out to me, there was probably one in particular who stood out to me the most. (Aiden) Once Terrence said that we could go into the house, I started walking inside, going over to talk to him, when some other guy stopped me and started talking to me. He was pretty attractive too, his eyes were gorgeous. “Hey, I’m Meilani. Call me Mei though.” I told him, then looked around and back at him. “Dude, I can’t believe I’m here.”
@KBaldi93
@jdepisode (Aiden mentioned)

3 Likes