Aria’s Honest Review Thread (OPEN, story doesn’t need to b published)

Hey lovely forums creators! Welcome to ’Aria’s Honest Review Thread’!

As y’all probably know, there’s always room for improvement! And one of the most important parts of being an author, is growing w ur story! Learning new things n receiving constructive criticism (:

I am here to give u an honest review on what ur doing well n what u need to improve, completely honestly, w no sugar coating! If u do not think u can handle sum constructive criticism pls do not request here n do r4r instead.

How will I review ur story?
I will give ur story an overall score out of 50. Ur story will b rated on…

Creativity - out of 10

Character development - out of 10

Directing - out of 10

Grammar - out of 10

Plot - out of 10

I will provide a description of y I each category the score I did n what improvements could b made + what was done well

If u would like ss to prove I have read ur story feel free to ask so bc I’ll b more than happy to provide! :sun_behind_large_cloud:

Awesome! Now we got that covered…

FORM

1. Is the story published?

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5)

3. Story title:

4. Story link:

5. Story cover:

6. Author name:

7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty?

8. Instagram? (Optional)

happy requesting! :white_heart:

Completed requests (:

Aria’s Honest Review Thread (OPEN, story doesn’t need to b published) - #15 by Lilyriley

Aria’s Honest Review Thread (OPEN, story doesn’t need to b published) - #34 by Lilyriley

18 Likes

Hey! Thanks for this thread! <3 I’d love an honest review!

Form :)

1. Is the story published? Yes

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5) As many as you want!

3. Story title: For Dear Life

4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5319692842106880

5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Medusa

7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? yes, I agree.

8. Instagram? @medusajett.episode

3 Likes

How long are u open for? (:

If you’re still open when I get a little further in my stories, then I’ll come and request (:

2 Likes

I’m not intending on closing anytime soon so take all ur time, I’ll b here for a few months minimum :white_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for this thread! :yellow_heart: I’d love an honest review :grin:

1. Is the story published?
Yes.
2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5)
3. Story title:
FT: Seven Wishes
4. Story link:

5. Story cover:

6. Author name:
Nahla
7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty?
Of course!
8. Instagram? (Optional)
thategyptianwriter

2 Likes

Hello @aria_writes! I would also love to request a review from you too! :sparkling_heart:

Details

1. Is the story published? Published
2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5) 5
3. Story title: Call of Duty
4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5281177222316032
5. Story cover: image
6. Author name: Katherine Evans
7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? Absolutely! You can go as brutal as you like hahahaha!
8. Instagram? (Optional) @episode_katherinee

2 Likes

Okie, thank u so much (:

I’ll be sure to return (:

2 Likes

1. Is the story published? Yes.

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5) 5

3. Story title: Capture the Moment

4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5666941859397632

5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Karlon Artis

7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? Yes.

8. Instagram? (Optional) @kartis.episode

2 Likes

Hello Aria. I’d love to have my story reviewed and accept constructive criticism :heart:

1. Is the story published? Yes.

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5) 5.

3. Story title: i-Humanoids

4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5273039194488832

5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Hazel J

7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? Yes.

8. Instagram? @sjwrites05

1 Like

Thank you for the thread! :blush::blush:

1. Is the story published? Yes! :blush:

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5) 5 please

3. Story title: Imperfectly Perfect

4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5692980893777920

5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Michelle Rose

7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? Yes

8. Instagram? (Optional) @episode.michellerose

1 Like

Here’s my story!

1. Yes.
  2. 5
  3. Stay Away
Summary

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6408060811280384

1. above ^^
  2. Solarnetic
    7.Yes
  3. Instagram: @solarnetic_episode
1 Like

FORM

1. Is the story published? Yes

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? (max 5) Initially 5, you can always continue if you like. I hope you like though :pleading_face:

3. Story title: Shado

4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5108744574074880

5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Roy

7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? Yes

8. Instagram? (Optional) roy_episode

1 Like

hey, thank you for this! i’d love an honest review :heart:

FORM
1. Is the story published? Yes!
2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? Three!
3. Story title: 52 weeks
4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4996006562430976
5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Sofia
7. Do u agree that this is just my personal opinion, u do not need to take it on board but u understand by requesting ur agreeing to not feel too offended for my honesty? Yes :relaxed:
8. Instagram? @ sof.stories

1 Like

@medusa.jett :white_heart:

SCORE: 43.5/50

Review🧋

Creativity - 9/10
This story is not what u usually see on the app, I love the concept of a widow choosing between the living n the deceased. I’m rating this w 9 bc generally, I think the whole idea is rlly creative. I love the toxic colors of Ryder since he’s being possessive of his wife even when he cannot b w her. Him hurting Alex is intriguing in a way bc he’s helping mc n making her happy but yet Ryder still wants her to b by herself.

Character development - 7.5/1
I personally think, there’s probably a lot more developments to the characters in later episodes so I’m judging off the 3 chaps I read. It was v good! Ryder is a rather developed character, his personality change when he died is interesting bc he seemed chilled out when he was alive but after death he’s all defensive n protective of mc. Alex is sweet n obviously pitiful towards mc which I think was surprised that Ryder acted negatively towards bc he’s looking after his son in a way he cannot, I like that plot line n character change. I would like to know more abt mc, tho. I imagine we will learn more abt her character from flash backs in later chapters. She says in narration that she used to b a party girl before Ryder died but also that Ryder set her free n loosened her up… so I’m curious, did Ryder turn her to a party girl then w his death she changed again? I’d like to know more abt Kurt too. He did pay a smaller role tho but I’d defo b interested in seeing traits from his father shining thru then being silenced by Alex. It’d certainly b interesting to see how much like Ryder he is from his communication w the ghost (if he’s had any) n any influence he may have from his father. Ur character development is good! (Again development takes time n I’ve only read 3 chaps so I can’t go into much detail)!

Directing - 9.5/10
Directing was v well done! u had the ghost faded out all the time when it was possible, the zooms were good, transitions were smooth, spot directing was always used n characters mostly had an animation when they were speaking! (I noticed once or twice someone was supposed to b speaking but wasn’t in a talking animation, u might wanna check for that in future, I can provide a ss of this, if needed)!

Grammar - 8.5
v Good, u correctly used commas, parentheses, question marks, it was all done well. In future, I recommend censoring things like ‘pissed’ or ‘prick’ bc I believe those words need to b censored, but in general most was censored.

Plot- 9/10
awesome! This was v well done all round, I loved the plot, fr. It was dark but also rather beautiful, the beginning where mc had to pick between her 1st choice, who was dead, n her 2nd choice, who was living was v good as a hook for the reader! The way Ryder chose death bc life became painful to him was a v interesting concept, I found that interesting it reminded me of the deathly hallows story concept :sweat_smile: generally, this was rlly good n I found myself wanting to continue bc u hooked me (:

Screenshots (:

Summary: well, Medusa, u made my job easy, ur story was well written, the plot was well carried out n you revealed everything at a good pace, meaning u added suspense + tension as well as giving us a good understanding of what’s going on! ur chapters were a substantial length n it was an enjoyable story to read! The music n sound was also appropriate for the events in the scenes. Well done! (I apologise if I’m a lil bias I’m not a v dark person so my preference is light hearted story but obviously I’m not gonna lower ur score bc of that :sun_behind_large_cloud:) I also love the eye catching cover + general art used throughout :white_heart:

Thx for requesting, hope u have a lovely day x

2 Likes

Aww, thank you so much for this!! This is what I needed! :weary: :gift_heart:

1 Like

Is the story published? YES!

2. How many chapters would u like reviewed? : 5 Chapters

3. Story title: Queen B Diaries

4. Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6653573891555328

5. Story cover:

6. Author name: Adiba

Yes!

8. Instagram? @aa.writes.episode

Thank you for this thread lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi!
I would love a review, thank you Very much!!
The Title is The Heir, it’s published And it if won’t bother you, I would like To have all 5 chapters reviewed, thanks!
Author Sebule
Ig Complicatedperson6

1 Like

This is great! I am revamping my story now, so before I publish it in 2 months (if you’re still open), I will come back!

1 Like

If you still have time. I like to ask for a rewiew

1 Like

Heyy it would be grt if u reviewed my story :innocent:

Link

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5547462405849088

1 Like