Art Elf Helper Threadđź–Ś

Welcome to Art Elf Helper Thread!:elf:t2:‍♂

What is Art Elf Helper Thread?

Art Elf Helper Thread is obviously thread where I will be helping you with art here in post and in replies. If you have any questions about art from which art shops on forums do I reccomend to how to create good art shop. Since I’m new artist myself I’ll be tagging some artists that also may know how to help you. There will be many categories with advice and tutorials that are currently empty but I’ll fill them soon and also tutorials on edited covers and apps.
Always feel free to write suggestions on what should I explain next!:heart::paintbrush::elf:t2:‍♂

How to improve?
Watching tutorials and asking for help

This is very important thing if you want to improve and reason why I made this thread for. Finding your own style will take time and first you have to learn basics.:ok_hand:

Creating making you pfp as practice thread

This could be very helpful too. It helped me at least. This thread is not request thread so you don’t have to draw every character you get. It’s just for practice.:stars::paintbrush:

Making art shop

After practicing a bit I suggest you to make art shop. You are making requests for other people. That’s nice and you are improving. I’ll explain how to make good art shop below.:paintbrush::shopping:

How to make good art shop?
Name

First you need creative name. Something that you think people will like to check out just based on name.
Some good art shop names:
:black_small_square:︎Baby Panda’s Art Shop​:panda_face::seedling:
:black_small_square:︎Rainbow Art Shop​:rainbow:
:black_small_square:︎F•R•I•E•N•D•S Art Shop​:dizzy:
:black_small_square:︎Epi Art Shop​:two_hearts:
:black_small_square:︎Coffee Art Shop​:coffee:
:black_small_square:︎Seashell Art Shop​:ocean:

Banners

Banner is picture with text and something related to your art shop. Like banner for forms, examples, members…I don’t think it’s necessary to have banners but they are good decoration. I prefer shops with only 1 or 2 banners.

Rules

Rules are there to remined people how to act. They are in every art shop and it’s kinda normal for art shop to have those main rules like:
:black_small_square:︎no thread hopping
:black_small_square:︎be nice
:black_small_square:︎use password
:black_small_square:︎don’t rush us
I think It’s okay to have rules in art shops.

Forms

Making forms can be really frustrating but very helpful. That way person who requests know what exactly to write and you won’t have to ask for every detail in different reply.

Examples

I suggest you to make one hide details for examples of covers, splashes and everything you do.
Like this:

I think that making art shop organized can make people think:
“Look this girl/boy is very organized she/he must be like that with requests too.”

Time info

Before you accept request always tell when will it be finished. If that’s not okay with person that is requesting than you just say sorry and don’t accept request.

Waiting list

It’s always useful to make waiting list so “customers” know how many requests will you be taking at the same time. If your waiting list is full you can’t work on more requests until you finish one on waiting list.

Be nice!

Always be nice to people who are requesting! Maybe they are being disrespectful but tell them that nicely. If you can’t make their request for some reason reccomed other art shops to them!

How my art shop looks like?

I won’t be putting name of art shop because I don’t want this to be self promo!

How to use these apps?
ibispaintx
PicsArt
Background Eraser
Drawn tutorials (ibispaintx)
Outline

There are 2 types of outline.

Outline in colors - Type of outline where you take main colors from: hair, face, clothes…and the darkest is for outline. This type of outline I usually use for LL characters

Like this:

Color palette:

Put on stabilizer like this:

Outline in black - This outline is easier to do and I usually use it in INK
Like this:

Put on stabilazer like this:

FOR BOTH OUTLINES - Opacity of picture where character is have to be on 60 or 70 and just trace! You’ll need to practice but it’s easy! Believe me

Hair

First you need to draw the outline in the base color you want.

Than you need to change from Brush tool to Bucket tool and color the hair into same base color you used for outline.

Draw some lines in same color but difderent tone and change from tool Brush to tool Blur. You can start blurring like this.

It should look something like this.

Now again add some colors and blur.

In the end it should look like this.

Outlines you can use to practice

Some talented artists

@DivCp @ItsTerra @Theebee2004 @Mini.Mouse @EllyAus234 @Yuke @AshlynG @paigebarr @gummybears1 @xxOlivia_Meganxx @aj_cal.2020 @fenixxx @Epsd.Flores @Samantha0915 @Clevertimes

Write suggestions on what should I do next in replies!

19 Likes

I’m bookmarking this thread.
PERIODT

3 Likes

Oouuu thank you I’m definitely bookmarking this!

2 Likes

@Mini.Mouse @EllyAus234
Updated!
And tysm!:heart::pleading_face:

2 Likes

This is a sweet thread :blush:

2 Likes

tysm!!
I love ur art you are sooo talented❤

2 Likes

Awh! Tysm honey :heart:

2 Likes

love u girl :sparkling_heart:

btw I’m not talented :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

u areeee look at ur artt

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging me :pleading_face::heart: also this is an amazing thread idea :blush:

2 Likes

thank you sm :pleading_face: :white_heart:

2 Likes

tyyy❤

2 Likes

This thread is a great idea, I would’ve loved this when I first joined :blush: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Holy shit!! Im bookmarking this!! This thread is amazingg!!! Thanks for tagging me!! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

noooo thank youuu
your art is literally amazing!:heart:

2 Likes

tysm!:pleading_face::heart:

2 Likes

Omgg thank youu!!! :heart::heart::sneezing_face::raised_hands:

1 Like

This has been bookmarked!!! :two_hearts:
This is such a great idea, I seriously needed something like this when I first joined the community!
Thanks for the tag by the way :grin:

2 Likes

no, thank you🥺
honestly i dont think people will see this thread of they arent tagged

1 Like

Thanks for the tag :heart: Bookmarking this!

2 Likes