Art help needed 😅

hey so i had this crazy idea to start drawing
i used to draw stuff like 3-4 years ago but on paper so that’s no good, but now i wanna start drawing on my ipad and i need help finding a good app that i don’t need to pay for :sweat_smile: and if someone could teach me the basics maybe and even to learn what my own art style is, that’ll just be amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Here are some good apps

• IbispaintX
  • Autodesk sketchbook
    They are really good and easy and they are also free :nerd_face:
2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

Np :fairy:‍♀

1 Like

Hey :smiley: I use Ibis Paint X it’s really good, if you don’t want to pay for all the brushes, things you can just watch a video and they are available for 18 hours and you can do this as many times as you want. I watched 101 cartoon tutorials from Let’s draw with BeeJayDel it really helped me with the basics :smiley: Aand for finding your artstyle: watch speedpaints maybe or someone drawing. Or just experience with different things :smiley: I’m still on the way with finding my art style as well.

So basically

101 tutorials from Let’s draw with BeeJayDel
Ibis Paint X
Videos or experiencing

1 Like

ooo thank you!!

1 Like

Here is what I use:

IbisPaint X as the main art source.

For Ibis, you should use :sparkles: STABILIZER :sparkles:

Stabilizer helps a lot and helps have a cleaner look

For the hair highlight I use Procreate but you have to pay for Procreate so…

@PropertyofNae was my main art teacher basically and she taught artists (including myself) the basics here:

She has MANY tutorials that can help you find your OWN style such as hair tutorials, eye tutorials etc…

So I highly recommend checking out her thread! :heartbeat:

Nae’s Help Thread ✨(Tutorials, Guides, Etc)

2 Likes

i will thank you :dizzy:

1 Like

Hey! I started digital art 3 months ago and I really like Autodesk sketchbook because it’s free :two_hearts: and really easy to use. Of course it’s not like procreate, but I’m poor… :joy: Also, I don’t know if you have a special pen, but if you don’t have the money to buy an apple pencil (or whatever is similiar…) you could use a tactile pencil. I started digital art with this and it works pretty fine actually.
And for your style, I think it’s practice over practice. Get some inspirations by many other artists and try to draw different style to see which one you like the most! :sparkles:
Also, if you find hard at first to draw digitally (like me…) you can always sketch on a paper, then, take a picture and use it as layer in your digital drawing, so you can trace:))
I hope you succeed in your art! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

thank you that helped :two_hearts:

1 Like

I know a lot of people who use ibispaintx. For me personally, I use procreate, which isnt free. But I recommend Ibis for just starting out.

1 Like

thank you💫

1 Like