Art Practise/Free Art

I’m a “traditional artist”, but I’m trying to start with digital art, the problem is… I’m terrible at it and don’t feel comfortable working with this medium at all. So I want to practise.

You can help me by:

• sending me your character details
    and if you want, you can also give me suggestions on what you want me to do (pose, topic, colours, scene, mood, literally anything)

• You can also send me a picture of yourself/describe what you want me to do
    and if you want, you can also give me suggestions on what you want me to do (pose, topic, colours, scene, mood, literally anything)

Example

This is just for fun and practise, so I can’t promise you I’ll use your character/make your request/suggestion. And even if I do it will probably take a lot of time.
I don’t really have an art style, so I might play around with that too.
Thank you for understanding.
Your help is very much appreciated.
If you have any questions, please ask.

4 Likes

I don’t have many ideas but I’d say an edgy/grunge theme. The pose could be like the one on the LL card or just dancing. Whatever works best for you :sparkles: I like darker colors like black, dark purple, and grey.

2 Likes

Hello @JHW! Your art is beautiful!!! Here are my character details! I don’t really have any particular to add! :heartpulse::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

here’s my character!

you could do a soft, pastel theme? i don’t really have a specific request so just go crazy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Go crazy!
Idk if this helps but I love stray kids!

3 Likes

Here is my character, the pose can be something badass?

2 Likes

The theme could maybe be nature like or whatever you feel best fits my character. I’m fine with any colors really but my favorites are red and blue :hugs:

2 Likes
Picture 1

Picture 2

Story behind picture 1
First of all, I’m very sorry for the late reply and also for not doing a great job with your characters.
So this was the first “exercise” I started with for this practise thread and I don’t know what I did, but for some reason I was so excited about this whole thing and people actually sharing their characters I rushed at the beginning and somehow ended up messing everything up?
That’s a big problem with me, I often half-ass things…
Then I was so frustrated, I had to work on other drawings. When I went back to this one I had almost no interest or motivation to start again or magically make this it better. I did try, wasted some time, but it didn’t change much.

One of the main reasons why I made this thread is to actually finish the pictures I start. I’m barely ever happy with the end result or I even give up in one of the early stages and I could work many more hours on a project.
At first I was even scared to publish this here tbh, but I’m fine with it now.
In the end I achieved my goal, I’m finished with this one and moving on.
Thank you so much for sending me your character(s).

Story behind picture 2
I actually had a lot of fun with this one.
For whatever reason I struggled on the lips/mouth a lot (especially at first). I managed to get a somewhat decent mouth, but that was after like 5 tries. I don’t know what I was doing.
I’m a little annoyed about the fact that on this website the quality of the picture really sucks (or I did something wrong?).
I also want to apologize because the drawings don’t resemble your characters much. They definitely were inspired by them though and you’re basically the reason why they exist.
Thank you for helping me.

1 Like
Picture 3

Story behind picture 3
Thank you so so much!
I started off normally and then at one point I just wanted to try out some brushes and I ended up with more than just a few lines. So I just went along with that and now it’s probably not what you were expecting, but I still hope you like it. I had lots of fun experimenting and feel like I learned a lot. The person in the drawing doesn’t look exactly like your character, but it was definitely inspired by it.

1 Like

These are beautiful :pleading_face::sparkling_heart::sparkles:

1 Like

This is awesome! I actually love that the drawing is not what I expected, and it is darker than I thought! I honestly think that’s genius! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Here is my character if you still need one to practice :blush: maybe you could do something classy with the colors purple, blue and red :sparkles: Btw. I love your art it’s Beautiful keep it up ! :crown:

1 Like

I was very busy, but I’ll make yours as soon as I have a little more time. I’m sorry.