Art Releases Update 2022

@Tory do you know when the first collection will be released?

spoke nothing but facts :clap:

2 Likes

I have to say this is a little disappointing. I look forward to art release days and run to the portal to update outfits for upcoming episodes and stories I haven’t even started yet. I hope that the releases will be massive, inclusive of all body types, free (or mostly free) of re-colours, and include new animations, features, hairstyles, backgrounds, and overlays at least bi or tri-monthly.

12 Likes

Got mixed feelings about this since the weekly updates keep me motivated, but also I think it’s a good thing for people to stimulate their creativity in other places too. I think some creators became to depend a little bit too much on the relases and then most get dissapointed with each weekly release and somehow I relate to this a little. Just hope the updates will be consistent and satisfying since we have to wait a whole month for it. It’s sort of cool that the releases now will be like a whole new event and I’m looking forward to see how this will turn out.

9 Likes

People will find any reason to be angry at a new art release, it doesn’t matter if Episode gives away every gem asset they have, someone will find something to b*tch and moan about.

8 Likes

Literally, sometimes It’s warranted sometimes its like what do you even want from them? The rights to the damn game?

2 Likes

I just hope those new update will be include a lot of new set for ALL the body type :tired_face:
…Bc I mean it’s nice to have cute and pretty outfit for our female :sparkles: I personally love having new clothes for my girls :heart: and my main female characters every week :hot_face::heart:, but the male updates have become so disappointing, :grimacing: I mean…it’s hard to not pass hours of putting together a decent outfit for the male characters.:woman_facepalming:t5:
The fact that the updates were weekly was a source of extra motivation and improved my creativity.:woman_fairy:t5:
I’m really looking forward to these monthly updates…hoping that they will be more diversified and that we’ll be able to see beautiful clothes to sublimate our characters…:two_hearts:
Can’t wait to see all these great clothes from the official Episode stories finally available on the portal.:fire:
Not to mention new hairstyles…especially those with colour gradients ! We can’t wait any longer…:sob::pleading_face:
I also hope that one day you’ll decide to add PLUS male body type :woman_shrugging:t5: and also children’s bodies… :pleading_face:
:heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

@Tory will there be announcement about today’s release?

4 Likes

I am thinking that maybe they are lowering the budget for art releases so that other areas can be kept the same/have more focus, for example the creator funds and app design (hopefully?)

(I dont work for episode I am a creator too, this is just me guesstimating)

1 Like
2 Likes

On one hand - I am going to miss the weekly updates, it was always nice to have somethig to look forward to each week. On the other hand, switching to a monthly update could mean more assets being released; and, most importantly, lessen the risk of burnout for the art team. Like, I understand people being disappointed, I really do. And if it turns out the monthly releases will feature the same amount of new assets as the weekly ones, I’ll be disappointed too. But as of right now, I choose to be cautiously optimistic and see where it’ll go.

7 Likes

Yasss - please #ReleaseTheCats

7 Likes

I wish the complex coloured stuff included proper black -everything is charcoal.

12 Likes

yup that hurts so much. Only those one off detailed clothes are actually black ;-; so i hope its implemented in future releases

2 Likes

In addition to the announcement that they’re going to be releasing clothes in more of a look-book way - I can understand others concern that this could potentially spell the end of being able to mix and match outfits in the Portal. But personally, I think it would be interesting to see the monthly art assets be released under a specific “Theme” - like, outside of the obvious ones (Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter Fashion Themes), we could also get Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mermaid, Halloween, Ballet etc themed outfits. Heck, maybe one month will be dedicated to just releasing new Body Types or new Animals! So, to reiterate - choosing to be cautiously optimistic and see how Episode will be handling new Art releases starting from May.

12 Likes

Since the changes date approaches, do you have further infos @Tory ?:blush:

1 Like

@Tory
Have they picked a date for the monthly updates yet? It would be nice to know what day to look forward to :smiley:

5 Likes

@Tory have the Episode team picked a date for monthly releases going forward? I recall you answering in the latest Art Assets release that you guys were considering the second week in the month, but I don’t know if that was final.

4 Likes

@Tory When you say “lookbook,” does this mean the releases will be more theme based (like pajamas, fantasy, sci-fi, runway, etc)? Because I’d be totally for that and super pumped! I’ve noticed that many of the assets released are often normal modern day clothing, so if we’re writing a story that’s NOT set in modern day it’s much more difficult to create outfits for say a Pirate or Wild West story. I realize this is still very new so you might not have a clear cut answer, but any info would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is what I’m hoping for too! It would be nice to have more variety in the clothing items.

2 Likes