Art Scene Quality Help Please!

Hi guys! :wave:t2: I’ve run into a problem. I’m trying to code an art scene that I made (full body) and originally made it as a background because I thought it would be better quality, but I was very, very wrong. It’s so blurry and terrible! :pensive:

I tried uploading it as an overlay (after compressing it down) and that isn’t much better either. I also tried cropping them image into sections but they’re still kind of grainy too.

Does anyone have any advice? What do you do when you create, and/or code art scenes?

I’m really upset because I’ve spent hours making a couple art scenes so far and as of now they’re pretty much unusable. I always use larger canvas sizes to get the best quality.

Any help is greatly appreciated pls :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

This is a stretch, but i’ve done this before and it’s just :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: SO FRUSTRATING. So what I usually do (and this is sort of unconventional) is to slightly zoom out on my tablet and take a screenshot. From there, i’ll crop it and then try and resize again. You still lose some quality, but it’s minuscule compared to what usually happens. Here’s an example of the difference between a screenshotted and a “regular” type of resizing:

Regular Resizing

Screenshot Method

2 Likes

Huh, the difference there is astounding! :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: I’ll give that a try, thank you! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

What app did you use to create it? If you used procreate, make sure your resolution is around 300dpi, and change your canvas to Bicubic instead of Bilinear, you might find this makes a difference to the quality of your image :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I am using procreate! I figured out how to change the dpi, but how do I change it to bilinear? Will this still work no matter the size of the canvas? (I multiply both 640 and 1136 by 5).

And, last question, does this work better for uploading as an overlay or a whole background? Or both?

Sorry for the million questions :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I would try both just to test the quality. But to change to bicubic, select your layer, so your combined layers, click on the curser and change it in the bottom right, e.g. like this…

1 Like

Ahhh okay, I’ll give that a try as well! Thank you!! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Bump!

The only thing I’ve found to work so far is screenshotting close up images of the OG drawing. How do you design, or showcase your art scenes? Or what canvas size do you use? Any more help and suggestions are much appreciated :heart::heart::heart:

The reason is from my experience too big quality/size of the original picture… what ever program you use try to export it in the size of episode bg… meaning if you upload it on episode you cant make the bg just from part of it you will not be able to move the rectangle to choice which part should be the bg.

Then there should be theoretically no reason episode will do this to the picture.

From my experience when I use big picture and make 2 bg from it… full and close up, the closeup is OK while the whole picture has this look… so its about how episode deals with too many pixels.

But if you already resize it to episode size there is no reason for it to do this… but as said its theory, I havent tested it.

1 Like

Hmm, well that is a good theory. I used Procreate and I multiplied 640 and 1136 by 5 to get my canvas size, so maybe that’s part of my problem. I’ll mess around a bit with uploading different sizes and see if that helps. Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.