Art scenes, hit or miss?

Hello everyone!!

I wanted to ask you all a question regarding art scenes.

I’ve come across a few people that agree that art scenes shouldn’t be included in a story, as it tends to not match the CC that the reader may have implemented on the MC and LI.

I want you all to let me know what you think.

• Do you like art scenes?
  • Are art scenes a dealbreaker for you?
  • If there are art scenes, will you still customize the MC and LI, even if they don’t match the art?
  • Do you customize the MC and LI when given the chance to?
8 Likes

Honestly i think it’s good to have the art scenes because it gives artists the chance for people to see what they can do, I have a good imagination so it’s easy to just imagine my characters as it.

I don’t mind it not matching the customizable characters, the art is always stunning .

7 Likes
    Yes but I really only like realistic art art scenes and those are usually commissioned
    Nope I’ll read a story without.
  • If there are art scenes, will you still customize the MC and LI, even if they don’t match the art?
    Definitely. I always customize no matter what because most episode stories have Caucasian, Italian (mafia🙄) or Mexican (cartels and mafia) mcs and I’m a Afro-Latina so I always customize the characters to look like me because there’s lot a ton of African American mc’s and since I always customize I never mind if art scenes never look like my characters.
    Always do, reason given above.
4 Likes

I like art scenes, I feel like they help more with some parts that might seem boring if the art scene wasn’t there, and sometimes art scenes are better because it makes it seem more real. (idk if that makes sense)

2 Likes

I totally agree with you! It gives an opportunity to artists to have their work reach more people! Thank you so much for giving your input! :star2:

2 Likes

I also agree with you! I tend to change the features of the MC and LI when given the chance to, even if it doesn’t match the art scene. Thank you for telling me your thoughts on this topic! I appreciate your opinion ! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Of course!

1 Like

I think they can be either a hit or miss because sometimes authors allow people to customize but then do a art scene and it throws the reader off because their character looks nothing like the art scene
But then Art scenes can be really good and the reader doesn’t care because it’s so good lmaoo :joy:

2 Likes

Ahhhh totally! Art scenes can make important parts of the story a lot more meaningful and have a bigger impact, and also adds more realism like you mentioned. Thank you so much for your input! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

No

and that is for all

2 Likes
    Not really. But I don’t dislike it either.
    I’m fine with the stories whether they have an art scene or not.
    Yes I’ll still customize. Don’t mind if they don’t match.
    Yes.
3 Likes

I am indifferent, it gives a great chance for artist to get their art out there and exposure, it paints a picture when animations cant, I don’t like it when authors say no cc or very limited cc because of them

only if that means I cant customize or limited CC

yes absolutely, I just go into it knowing the art scenes wont match my characters at all and I am ok with that

every time

2 Likes

Yes and no. I don’t like too many art scenes. By too many, I mean one in each episode which is totally unnecessary.

No, but if they’re in excess then yes.

It really depends. I sometimes customize and sometimes don’t irrespective of the fact that story has art scenes.

Not always. As I said it depends. But there are certain features which I want to it to be consistent in any story I read. For example, I prefer medium heart lips for li, always. So if that’s not present, I go ahead and change it.

3 Likes
  • I do like art scenes, I feel like it adds more to a scene yk?

• No, I will read a story with or without art scenes.

• I usually don’t customize, but when I do, I only customize the features of the character because I prefer the characters do match the art scenes :joy:

• Haha, as I said above, I don’t usually customize. I prefer to see the characters as the author customized them.

1 Like
    yes I like the art scenes
    Not really
    I customize them some time but I support the author
    Sometimes but not all the time
2 Likes

Not at all. I loathe that crap(even if the arts nice) it excludes readers espically if u want them to insert themselves by offering CC.

An absolute deal breaker. Quit lettin ppl CC if u have a set way u want MC to look. Stop. Im a POC…YOU KNOW THESE SCENES arent made with us as a thought. The MC is always the same in apperance and its EXCLUDING and downright insulting(espically when the authors post passive agressive BS about it)

Ill leave. Though makes storys slim since 80% use art scenes.

All the time. Its a choose your story app and since mainstream doesnt portray us well…Idk im crazy but seeing myself somewhere in a decent light soooooounds idk good

4 Likes

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Hi! This is a really cool discussion, art scenes aren’t something we usually think about when it comes to Episode stories.

Depends. If it is pleasing to the eyes, credits the artist who was willing to have their art featured in the story, and it’s “well-placed” in the story, I love it.
    Never.
    It can be tricky to include art scenes if your story also includes full character customization. I personally would customize them either way. I do find it pretty sad though that there is so little representation of “other” communities in stories that most of the characters in art scenes are light-skinned, able-bodied, cis-gender, etc… Can be pretty jarring when you’re used to your character’s appearance and then their whole appearance changes all of a sudden on an art scene.
    Always. But I don’t mind limited or no customization, especially if it is to make the characters’ appearances stay true to the art scenes and brings all kinds of representation in a story.
2 Likes
    Im okay with them
    No
    Yes
    Yes
2 Likes

Yes, but they can’t be super long, just the right amount.

No

No if there are art scences i wont CC the MC and the LI cause there not gonna match the bEaUtIfUl art anymore :((

Ehhhh I used to but that was before when I only read Episode featured stories and that was before I found out people wrote stories :kissing: :sob: :sob:

But nowwww I wouldn’t CC them, it might be hard not the CC the LI if he isn’t attractive to me, but if there are art scenes included i’ll resit the urge CC him :))

2 Likes