Artists can’t charge money for episode art right?

ive been seeing a lot of “commissioned” artists on Instagram that do commissions for episode art? and it’s mad expensive for no reason. i don’t think you can charge money for episode related stuff? maybe I’m wrong can someone help?

7 Likes

You’re correct. There’s this whole “I’ve seen other people doing it so I thought it was okay” scenario that’s especially popular on Instagram.

1 Like

Why can’t they charge money? Just curious.

1 Like

Because Episode owns the right to everything they’ve made so you can’t get paid for something they created/designed . I have the actual quote of what they said somewhere.

2 Likes

it’s copyright I believe!

1 Like

Half of the time they be tracing :woman_with_probing_cane:
So I would suggest going to someone who has their own style

4 Likes

Intellectual property is what I am curious on. If an artist truly created their images from scratch, it is their intellectual property.

1 Like

Lol

We’re allowed to make drawings and such, charging is just a different story.

yea I see what you’re saying but the style is episodes. they are tracing and using episode characters

2 Likes

no cap

Say you set up shop on Instagram with a cash app. Multiple people use your images on Episode after you take off the watermark. I am not seeing the incentive for an artist.

When I write, that is my code that I can use anywhere.

1 Like

I’m a little confused on what you mean :sweat_smile:

I think she is saying that it’s the artists work so they should be able to charge

1 Like

I have seen some gorgeous background images that is custom made on Instagram.

2 Likes

ohhh were talking about like drawn art images

2 Likes

They can make art for episode stories but they can’t sell edits or traced artwork from the app because they own the rights to the stuff that they made.

2 Likes

You should be able to charge for your intellectual property :woman_shrugging:t5:

Tracing does not count.

If it has episode assets you can’t though. It’s just because Episode designed these things. If I have my own brand or style I’d be pissed if someone tried to make money off my stuff too.

1 Like

Ok got it. But if it is Episode inspired but customized, you can charge.