Artists under-valued?

Being an artist has always been kinda hard . Doing art is actually very fun if you are talented or if art is your passion and you’re determinded.
For example: someone wants to work as an artist . Family becomes anxiosu about that person immediately. And they are right because making money as an artist is hard. I myself don’t trust websites such as PATREON or WEBTOON to make money out of it. You might some money but not the amount you want to.
I’m not good with explaining . I just want to open this topic and discuss it :slight_smile:
Write your thoughts below.
Also you can share your art if you are an artist.

3 Likes

i agree that is under valued. but it also not smart to expeckt erning much money for it. some can some can not.

i myself right now are been payed to make concept art for a video game. but it still not enogh to i could make it my only income

4 Likes

Artists are undervalued in a lot of different ways.
They aren’t paid nearly enough.
People don’t appreciate their hard work.
Most want you to have the work done in a very short period of time.

I recently was working with a friend of mine to start a game. I was the head art director. Then, several family members of mine passed away and my two year old son got hurt and needed stitches on his forehead. I thought my friend would understand, but all of our conversations started with 'When are you going to get the next drawing in?"

Needless to say, I stepped back from the project. In my experience, it seems like when you enter the drawing profession, people stop seeing you as a person and see you more as a little machine.

I’m sure this hasn’t happened to everyone, but it’s things like this that make me feel insecure about my work and why I do it.

Example of my work:

9 Likes

your art is so amazing wooow . :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

facts sis

wow that is really pretty

1 Like

Oh gosh, thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: haha

1 Like

Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m not an artist myself but it is so true artists are so under - valued when they make something so beautifull. :heart:

1 Like

that one looks so good and I feel sorry for you that you’re friend threated you that way that’s not fair…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing!

2 Likes

You shouldn’t feel insecure about your work! You’re a very talented person, never let anyone else tell you otherwise!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I go to art school and all I really want to do is draw, and I’m so scared for my future tbh. It’s soo competitive and it’s impossible to think of new things, everything has been done. Idk it’s really scary and I’m afraid I’m going to end up in a box on the street… I’m trying to learn how to do digital art so I can take commissions at least but yeah… idk it’s hard. I’m scared lol.

3 Likes

I can feel you

Try to not stress yourself
:hugs:

1 Like

Haha yeah I’m trying but I’m graduating in less than half a year so the stress is really starting to get to me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Minoesje @_haruka @Facing_My_Demons
Thank you all so much for your support and kinds words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Aw, I only spoke the truth :heart:

2 Likes

You deserve it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.