Arts from pinterest

What if we put out arts from pinterest in our stories ? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

do you mean finding an art scene on pinterest then claiming it as your own? you definitely can’t do that photos on pinterest are copyrighted they’re not free to use. and it’s definitely not necessary to have art scenes in stories they’re just an added extra

so please don’t do that if that’s what you meant :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

you cant use pinterest or google, episode has a rule we cant use copyrighted matiriel, pinterst and google dont own any pictures you find their, they are from thousen of places, most been copyrighted

rule of thumb, evrything online is copyrighted unleash it says it isnt. its not this says its copyrighte, no evrything is copyrighted, copyright rule is, you made an uploaded then its copyrighted to you, you dont have to say or do anything, if you dont it to be free use it has to be stated.

it can state that in the description or it can be a copyright free website like pixabay.

3 Likes

As much as it is tempting, don’t attempt to do it ToT
Art from pinterest came from different websites (since it is a bookmarking site) Thus, the original creator will be a bit hard to find if the artwork was reposted a million times.

They were created by other people, and I’m sure the creators won’t be too happy if their work was on Episode without their permission.

2 Likes

copyright copyright copyright
When I started with Episode I also took A LOT of backgrounds from pinterest. Half of them got rejected tho but lemme tell you
:bangbang: IT IS NOT GOOD PLACE TO GET BACKGROUNDS :bangbang:

2 Likes

and those who where, still not okay to use, since episode can make mistake and approve stuff they shouldnt, I actually just reported a girl for haveing stolen art for cover, mistakes happen,

I often see people who steal art say, “BuT It WaS AproVeD” as their defense in using copyrigted art. forgetting they sign that its theirs to use.

3 Likes

That would be a baddd idea

1 Like

don’t do it…
but u do it anyways…
then it will eventually get rejected by episode team.

1 Like

Thanks !!
Can you recommend some more copyright free websites? :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

What if we state that we extracted it from pinterest and we don’t own it ? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

So where do we get the arts from as the episode artists are not willing to help? :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

If that is the case, best to do is request someone on an art shop, or commission an artist.
For backgrounds, you can search at unsplash, pexels, pixabay, and google drives of episode editors/creators.

Art is a luxury, and not everyone is willing to give it for free. Even if you state that the arts extracted from Pinterest aren’t yours, it is still copyright infringement, which could make your story deleted, and put Episode in a bit of a tight spot.

3 Likes

you still can’t use them :woman_facepalming:t3: it’s most likely someone’s commissioned it so THEY have permission to use it not you. they’re copyrighted

stop trying to get around it you don’t need art scenes. it’s pretty obvious

4 Likes

It is still theft,

Your writhing a story would you be okay if i reposted it on wattpad and wrote its orginally from the episode app? Its the same concept,

3 Likes

Wdym by artists are not willing to help? There are tons of shop who are open or even will be open (if they haven’t open spots now). Asking for art on ig for ig groups is also possible. Commissions is the last thing people do

1 Like

Is it they are not willing to help, or is it you who dont want what people offer for free because you dont think its good enough, and are unwiling to pay for who are better and those people’s hard work.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for your efforts for making me understand ! Love you guys :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:!!

1 Like