As A New Member I Need Some Info Desperately!

Hi All,
I am a new writer (trying to be) of episode. I need to know a few things. I am writing in the .INK method and my story is a thriller.
My questions are:-

1. Where would be my story seen after first time publishing?
  2. After publishing some chapters of the story how long the story will stay in the “seen just after opening the episode app” section like other new stories?
  3. If the story gets downgraded rank, would I be still able to post the next chapters of my story till the end of my story?

I AM FULLY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER PUBLISHING A NEW STORY! NEED HELP TO PROMOTE IT AND NEED INFORMATION ABOUT “WHAT HAPPENS TO THE NEW STORIES”?? KINDLY HELP!

NEW WRITER (trying to be), NEED SOME INFORMATION DESPERATELY!
As a new (trying to be) author in episode i need some information desperately! *kindly help!*

I’m new to forums but I know a pretty substantial amount of knowledge on writing on episode.

When you publish a story , it will automatically be put to user stories and the catergory your story is so others can see your work.

Yes you can continue your own story whenever. It’s all up to you.

And I guess you can promote your story here, many people seem nice and I would be sure to check your story out and recommend others to read it as well.

Moved to Episode Fan Community since it’s about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Hi All,
I am a new writer (trying to be) of episode. I need to know a few things. I am writing in the .INK method and my story is a thriller.

2. After publishing some chapters of the story how long the story will stay in the “seen just after opening the episode app” section like other new stories?
  3. If the story gets downgraded rank, would I be still able to post the next chapters of my story till the end of my story?

I AM FULLY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER PUBLISHING A NEW STORY! NEED HELP TO PROMOTE IT AND NEED INFORMATION ABOUT “WHAT HAPPENS TO THE NEW STORIES”?? KINDLY HELP!

I think I can only answer the third one so: Yes you can.

Thanks.

Hi All,

1. In your Episode profile and in search (if a reader looked up your title or search words). I think only the top 1000 per genre shows up in each section? (And when you first publish you’d be at the bottom so you wouldn’t be instantly trending.)
  2. You mean the new stories section? I honestly don’t know how that works. I think it’s fairly random. I don’t even know if every story shows up there and I believe every reader sees something different. Every time I open my app, the stories change.
  3. ? You could be ranked last in the entire app and you can still publish? But I’m not so sure I understand your question?

Honestly not much happens except that your story is “live” so readers will able to search for it (or search for keywords) and potentially find your story. Once you publish, any reads count towards your total.

Thanks for the clarification. But as a new reader if my story gets published at the bottom, how can people come to know it and I got a good fathom of readers? Because writing these stories really takes a toll. Anyway Thx. :frowning:

There are other threads on this but you can try read-for-reads on the forums (I wouldn’t say they’re the best way, but they can help get your story off the ground), asking for reviews on the forums and from IG review groups and promoting your story in the “share your stories” thread and on IG!
Honestly it can take a long time to get reads when you first publish. Some people get lucky but others struggle to get any reads in their first week and maybe month.

Lol! Great news for such hard efforts! :joy:

Sad but true lol. Unfortunately, it can be a struggle to get reads when you first start out but you honestly just need to keep going. The more you publish, the more likely you’ll be to find and attract readers. A lot of people won’t read a story with only three episodes because there’s no guarantee the author will continue.

Honestly, what is your suggestion?

I posted this before. Maybe it helps?