ASAP SCRIPT HELP please!

Hi everyone!
I’ve been trying to find a script on how to do a simple written answer thing.
For example:
My characters are talking about what subject they want to take and then a choice pops up on the screen asking the reader to type their response. And then use that ‘subject’ that was entered for the rest of the story.

How would I go about doing that?
Much appreciated!

1 Like

It would be easier to just make the subjects choices. That way the reader can choose the subject they want.

1 Like

Pretty sure you would just use (ANSWER) in place of wherever it’s mentioned? I know that when you use it for names it doesn’t show the typed name in the previewer but does in the app so you would have to test it on the Episode App to make sure. :slight_smile: Hope this helps.

1 Like

So it’d be like this?

1 Like

You don’t need the “if RIVALCODE” part. That’s a super outdated code. It won’t let them leave it blank with the input code. :slight_smile:

But the input What’s your Rival CodeName line looks correct, though I think there’s a space missing between Done and (RIVALCODE).

1 Like

Hi! So I did as you said but it errored. I figured a way- but how do I make it so that it doesnt say ‘RIVAL’ in the dialogue but instead the response by the reader?

Maybe try to put (RIVAL) during the dialogue from APSARA

1 Like

Like this?

I’ve tried it but when I view it in the 'preview screen it still…
Unless I need to look at it through the app(?)

For written choices you’ll need to preview it in the app.

1 Like

For dialogue, it needs to be in straight brackets [ . ]

You’ll also need to test in app. Typed in choices don’t show in the web preview

2 Likes

Ah! It worked! Thank you so much! :))

1 Like

Glad Dara was able to help out before I got back :slight_smile: Good luck with your story :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.