Asking for art but provides no content

please tell me i am not the only one who is tired of people keep asking for people to help with art but they are always

hey, i need someone to an art scene asap. dm me

and that is it. no content of what they want. do you want a romantic scene? or star wars sword fight. shall i guess? I am already gonna spend time on your art for a story that I bet you don’t need or deserve

I know that is rude I am sorry if you are offended but most of the people asking for art scene are very basic in story making. like one I read today, she had art scenes in her story. but she could not even place characters in the right place. or at the right layer. sorry a bit of topic

I just fell like if you don’t wanna provide the content of the art to people do you actually want it.

another thing I think most of them asking don’t know is artist cant do everything art. like I am very good at drawing a background but I can’t do most animals. and if a person just ask for art I but don’t tell me what art I have no idea if I can do it

4 Likes

I 100% agree. It’s really annoying.
“hey, can I request a cover?”(comments on an art shop thread)
“i want two of my character hugging.”(what are your characters? Details?

3 Likes

details are key.

as an author that is also a pretty important thing to remember because a story without details is never good. they lack depth

1 Like

I am so with you! It makes no sense. This is why I’m not a fan of doing covers, it takes way too long to get the details.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

On one hand, I like when requesters give me some creative freedom. At the same time, I sometimes have to pry for even the slightest detail of what the person wants, which is time I could be using to edit. It can be tiring.

Most of the time it is annoying to go blind-sighted into it, but whenever it does happen, I always feel like I’m bothering the person who’s requesting whenever I constantly ask for details and specifics. Fortunately, most of the people who request have given the details ASAP so I could decide if I would do it or not, but I’ve had some taken blindly.

I agree! And when some of them reply with the details they sound so annoyed like “why haven’t you start making my art and finished it yet?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.