Asking for opinions on what to do with my covers!

So a few weeks ago I had made a cover for my new story, and after publishing it and thinking more critically about the story (Once it gets publishes it’s a whole level of more critical thinking) and I wasn’t sure if the cover I had done really matched the contents of the story! It makes sense for now, since the first handful of episodes are rather lighthearted, but as the plot grows the deeper everything is.

So I made a more serious, more “professional looking” cover but I’m still rather stuck on which one to choose! I think one solution can be is to replace the small cover and use the other as a title card within the story, but I need some help determining which one to use!

This is the cover I first made:

And this is the more “serious” one I made today (don’t mind the watermark, It won’t be there when I use it):

My question is, should I keep the cover more lighthearted or should I replace it with the more serious one? If you had any other recommendations please let me know, I want opinions on this :slight_smile:

EDIT: Here’s what I’m thinking of doing!

What I think I’ll do is make the second one the main cover (the one you see when you’re looking at the episode shelves) and Since I already have the first one as my small cover, (see down below)

I think I’ll keep it this way, as well as making the first one part of my intro in app!
Let me know what you think!

14 Likes

Ok, they’re both amazing.

But, I’d pick the second one.

And you’re fucking talented.

4 Likes

They are both amazing, but personally I like the first one more, it’s really cute <3 and your art on the second one is crazy good :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you ;-;

1 Like

Haha thank you so much! I really do love the first one too, I think it captures their dynamic really well!

1 Like

I added your story to my favorites, I’m gonna give it a read later <3

1 Like

Wow, thank you!! <3 Do you have any upcoming or published stories I can look at too?? :))

1 Like

Oh yes, I’m working on a story called “For The Time Being” I just gotta wait to publish it, cuz I need the overlays to be approved :sob:

1 Like

Ooh! I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for it :wink:

1 Like

Thanksss :blush:<3

1 Like

the first one. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They’re both amazing, but I like the first one more :star_struck:

1 Like

They’re gorgeous! :heart_eyes: I think the first one is a little cuter though.

Gosh, you’re so talented. :sob:

1 Like

Omg hun, these are amazing covers!! I like the first one more though :heart:

1 Like

i love them both, but the second one is WOW :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Depends on how the story is gonna be.
If it’s gonna have more comedy and jokes, then the first one, or the second one if it is more serious.

Both the covers are amazing! I would say go for the first one, but the talent of the second cover will be wasted… :pleading_face:

1 Like

Thank you!!

Tysm <3 :pleading_face:

1 Like

Yeah, It’s hard to choose :sob: It definitely has a lot of lighthearted and comedic bits but once we start getting into the root of some of these characters it’s much more dramatic and serious so I don’t knowww

1 Like

This thread is making me wish that Episode would give you a feature to have two or more covers, and depending on where the reader is on the stories they could change to match the current situation :pensive:

3 Likes