Attempting to Draw my First Cover! Opinions?

I’m writing a superhero-themed story for my DL entry (if I make the deadline) and I’m thinking of making the cover myself. Thoughts? Opinions? This is just a basic sketch, but I’ll add color and the title later if I decide to use this. Feel free to go hard on me. If it looks like garbage, say it. Please share tips if you have any.

EDIT: Please check out the poll below to vote on your favorite version.

22 Likes

Look at you go, making your own art :pleading_face: :revolving_hearts: I like the cute cartoon style, it’s very underrated! But I suggest fixing her knees up a bit, it looks like she has two pairs of knees; One on the guys shoulders and another that are right above the feet! - <3

3 Likes

Thank you! But I actually draw in a cartoonish style because that’s the only style I know how to draw… :joy:

2 Likes

It looks brilliant!!!
I love the style :heart_eyes:

One tiny comment (sorry...)

It might be the fact thats its 4:24am for me and I haven’t slept yet so perhaps I’m looking at it wrong.

Her legs look I tiny bit out of proportion.
Her the bottom half of her leg (after knees) looks very far down compared to her thighs (upper half) sorry, I don’t know the correct leg words :rofl:

:point_up_2: meant in the nicest possible way :pleading_face::sparkling_heart:

Other than that, it’s freaking adorable!

1 Like

No, you’re not looking at it wrong. I’ve always had a difficult time drawing legs.
Thanks!

1 Like

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:

It really is amazing!

1 Like

It is so adorable :heart_eyes: I wish I can draw like that :sob: The legs are the only problem though(other than that it is PERFECT) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks so much! :heart:

1 Like

Just one question though do you make cover arts or any other arts for limelight stories? Also can I know your Insta? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I make profile pics, but because my art style is very inconsistent (one second it’s amazing and the next it’s a nightmare) I don’t really trust myself with making anything else. I’d love to do cover art for other people one day though :slightly_smiling_face:

My Insta is @juliewrites.on.episode

2 Likes

I’ll follow you right away :heart:

1 Like

I’ll be sure to follow you back!
Are you @beam_writes?

yh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i find it very adorable :pleading_face::two_hearts:! I don’t know that much about the art but ohh well the thighs as everyone said but they do look adorbs & cute (syn. ehh :speak_no_evil:) & don’t know MayBe it’s the syringe speaking @ nite for me but the girl seems like she’s standing on him :thought_balloon:! Eeeek ignore me if my eyes are refraining to work properly for me! This is cute please :sob::raised_back_of_hand:t3:! + the cartoon-ish style (akksgss my favooo :pleading_face::heart:!) I’m definitely gonna regret this reply because of the amount of lines i’ve written conveying the analogous point :cry::sweat_smile::joy:! Conclusion : Iloveit :two_hearts:! Can’t wait for the finished version :see_no_evil::pleading_face:!!

1 Like

:rofl: Thank you!

1 Like

Oh my God! This is soooooo cuuuutteeeeee!!! :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:
However as everyone said the legs look awkward. Try bending the knees around the neck of the other person and then make the rest of the leg straight till it bends at the ankle (:sweat_smile: otherwise it looks as if she has two knees :flushed:).
But this is so freaking cute I hate to point out the mistakes.
I wish I could draw like this!

Can’t wait to see the finished version! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

No need to exaggerate, it can’t be that good :joy:
Thanks!

1 Like

This isn’t an exaggeration! (:

1 Like

It really looks cute and I can’t wait to see it with colors :smiley:

Others have already mentioned their observation so I don’t wanna mention since it’s too repetitive audhahs

(And same I also tried to draw my first cover TwT :heart:)

1 Like

its cute :pleading_face: :heart: . I like your sketch, I think you should use it

1 Like