Author added waiting period to continue reading (or pay gems)

Has anyone else been reading a story and finishing a chapter when all of the sudden at the end of the chapter it says that the author added a waiting period of a certain amount of hours until you can continue reading the story?? And if you don’t want to wait you have to pay gems to continue reading?? I personally find this ridiculous. This app has become all about gems. I get adding gem choices to stories but a wait period that you have to pay to get out of?? That’s ridiculous in my opinion. I understand authors use the app as a source of income and I love to support them!! But adding a wait period is just frustrating to me. How am I supposed to support them if I have to wait 11 hours to read another episode?? And why would I even want to support an author that wants to make me wait 11 hours to read their story or be forced to pay gems to keep reading. I feel like I shouldn’t have to pay gems just to read a chapter, that’s what passes are for. This app has changed so much and has become so centered around gems and them making money. Sometimes I’m tempted to stop using it.

(EDIT: This story is already fully released and has been for months. This is NOT the early release option. It is only letting me read 2 chapters at a time every 11 hours unless I pay gems)

19 Likes

That’s ridiculous!
I agree and beacuse of that early access, I had to wait a week just for the chapter with ads to be released.
For that author who puts that waiting peroid for 11 hours to read the next chapter in your screenshot, well that is pure stupid! This will make you lose readers!
One thing that annoys me so much that when the author releases a new chapter, they ALWAYS put on early access and this has happened to me with one 1 story I really like! The author always puts the new chapter on early access.
If Episode are going to make this about gems and money, everyone will hate their app!

7 Likes

I don’t think this is bad. On the contrary, I’d say this is the most effective method to put gems. As a reader and writer, early access is really good :sparkles:

10 Likes

Well that’s your opinion and I respect it.

1 Like

This ain’t same as early access for early acces it starts when author publishes till the amount of wait time but this one is ridiculous the time period starts from when you open the chapter you have to wait for 11hours or pay 6 gems, early access was okay but this one is worst way of adding gems

14 Likes

The author might’ve added a while ago and the reader opens it now so it’s still okay… I think :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No no this is a new thing episode is testing this access can be added to already published chapters. The author of summer fever on ig shared something about incorporating this in his stories

4 Likes

Yeah, the new early access feature that Episode added is a pain… but I respect their decision because I know from firsthand experience how hard coding is :tired_face: . They at least need to earn something from tiring hours of hard work and effort.

8 Likes

Oh ok. Did not know about that. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I understand but if we see gem choices in almost everything on the app then we must have more ways of earning gems. It’s either read originals or buy them.

7 Likes

Yep!
If anyone’s interested in making that happen, you can support my thread :arrow_down: And before someone flags me for spam let me just say that this topic is related to gem choices, and the topic I’m sharing is also related to gem choices.

4 Likes

It’s not that you have to wait this amount of time after each chapter. Personally I think it’s a good idea of support.

Here you got Luca’s post from ig

3 Likes

It says 6 chapters but the story I read had it in every single chapter from 4 onwards

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this. Webtoon has it too. Actually, I think it’s better to be able to choose to wait or use gems than have no choice and be forced to use gems.

But you don’t have to. The gems are just for early access. You’ll be able to read whether or not you use gems.

8 Likes

I don’t understand why we should use this :eyes: I only have the option to top your points and support me and in one single day I received 35 gems. Last month even in the 200. I think that there are better ways than adding this option.

3 Likes

I wish I could go back to 2016 when episode was still not a gem freak :relieved:

13 Likes

Exactly I have only support the author and I got more than 1900 gems in a month.

1 Like

It was nice, but I also appreciate that they’re doing more things to support the authors.

1 Like

A gem freak :joy:

Yep, I think Episode is becoming a gem freak

4 Likes

Well if authors getting loads of gems by that support the author option, what about readers?
There’s not many ways of earning gems, other than reading those awful episode featured stories, 7 day streak (which have be removed for some android I think, so I can take that off) and pay with real money.

5 Likes