Author added waiting period to continue reading (or pay gems)

The author might’ve added a while ago and the reader opens it now so it’s still okay… I think :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No no this is a new thing episode is testing this access can be added to already published chapters. The author of summer fever on ig shared something about incorporating this in his stories

4 Likes

Yeah, the new early access feature that Episode added is a pain… but I respect their decision because I know from firsthand experience how hard coding is :tired_face: . They at least need to earn something from tiring hours of hard work and effort.

8 Likes

Oh ok. Did not know about that. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I understand but if we see gem choices in almost everything on the app then we must have more ways of earning gems. It’s either read originals or buy them.

7 Likes

Yep!
If anyone’s interested in making that happen, you can support my thread :arrow_down: And before someone flags me for spam let me just say that this topic is related to gem choices, and the topic I’m sharing is also related to gem choices.

4 Likes

It’s not that you have to wait this amount of time after each chapter. Personally I think it’s a good idea of support.

Here you got Luca’s post from ig

3 Likes

It says 6 chapters but the story I read had it in every single chapter from 4 onwards

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this. Webtoon has it too. Actually, I think it’s better to be able to choose to wait or use gems than have no choice and be forced to use gems.

But you don’t have to. The gems are just for early access. You’ll be able to read whether or not you use gems.

8 Likes

I don’t understand why we should use this :eyes: I only have the option to top your points and support me and in one single day I received 35 gems. Last month even in the 200. I think that there are better ways than adding this option.

3 Likes

I wish I could go back to 2016 when episode was still not a gem freak :relieved:

13 Likes

Exactly I have only support the author and I got more than 1900 gems in a month.

1 Like

It was nice, but I also appreciate that they’re doing more things to support the authors.

1 Like

A gem freak :joy:

Yep, I think Episode is becoming a gem freak

4 Likes

Well if authors getting loads of gems by that support the author option, what about readers?
There’s not many ways of earning gems, other than reading those awful episode featured stories, 7 day streak (which have be removed for some android I think, so I can take that off) and pay with real money.

5 Likes

It says every 6 chapters not days in this case…

1 Like

I understand the early access thing, but this story is already fully released and has been for a long time. The author just added wait times out of the blue. I think it’s ridiculous that a story that has been out for like a year has this. It really makes me not want to read it. I was only able to read 2 chapters before this popped up. So I can only read 2 chapters and then I have to wait 11 hours to read 2 more. That’s just absolutely ridiculous

6 Likes

I totally agree!! Ugh this is so frustrating. Episode has turned into a gem and money obsessed app. Don’t even get me started on the stupid episode VIP thing.

4 Likes

My bad I meant chapters :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My issue is that this story has been completely released for like a year. And I’ve read it before. I just wanted to re-read it again because I liked it. And now I can only read 2 chapters at a time and then I have to wait 11 hours to read two more. That’s what bothers me. I’m not getting early access to anything when I pay.

8 Likes