Author added waiting period to continue reading (or pay gems)

finally, I’ve been trying to find someone thats talking about it! This has to be stopped! Please don’t do this to us episode! This is so frustrating :triumph: :pleading_face:

I personally like to binge read stories but you can’t even do that know because a lot of Authors are adding a 11hr wait to a fully released story in my option it’s not needed.

1 Like

I’m back to this thread some time later and I got few more things to add…

As long as I understand use of skip-the-wait on completed stories or those being continued with above 30 published chapters, I don’t really understand putting those on stories with less than 30 published chapters.

I’ve found a really engaging story and got mad when this window popped out of nowhere after 3rd chapter. Story has ONLY 10 CHAPTERS PUBLISHED AND AUTHOR STATED SHE NEEDS THREE OR FOUR MORE TO BE COMPLETED.

She’s already using EA, support author and buy extra points buttons so I don’t see sense in putting additionally skip-the-wait.

Might someone lighten me up on this or I am just picky this time?

1 Like

Nope you not being picky and what’s this “AUTHOR STATED SHE NEEDS THREE OR FOUR MORE TO BR COMEPLETED”?
Is this author going back and puttibg that stupid and unnecessary 11 wait hour thing on already released chapters?

I was going through her Instagram and saw post where she said she needs to still publish 3-4 chapters for story to be completed while she has 10 published for it so far.

Skip the wait window popped out after reading 3rd chapter and author has different option to support her with gems in this story so I don’t understand why she did something like that in ongoing story even if it’s for testing purposes so I won’t be surprised if there will be EA put on new update or kept skip the wait.

I didn’t paid for VIP subscription to not being able to binge read community stories because of this stupid option while I got unlimited passes for those stories in my VIP bundle.

1 Like

Ok

I’ve been a fan of episode for a while now and really enjoy the app. Although lately I have been the issue where I can only read three episodes of a story at a time within 11 hours or pay 6 gems. I am not a fan of wasting gems, especially when it comes to watching apps or EA’s. Has anyone else been having this issue? At this point I don’t even want to read any more because it’s such a waste. I would much rather just use passes.

9 Likes

That’s odd–mine is 4 tickets every 3 hours? -oh never mind, you’re talking about early access.!

Although I don’t mind the standard early access, I feel the same about the 11hour wait which is known as “skip-the-wait”. I personally feel like it’s a rip off, especially if it’s used frequently.

3 Likes

This is a new feature, similar to early access, except it’s an 11 hour wait time for certain chapters and it only starts counting down when the reader sees it irrespective of when the chapter was published. So like, you could read chapters 1-3 and then chapter 4 might have it, so you have to wait 11 hours or pay 6 gems, and then you might continue reading a few more chapters and then the same thing again.

3 Likes

Yes, for passes mine is that way as well but for some reason after reading the 3rd chapter I have to wait 11 hours to read the next one, even when I have more passes. I don’t understand why, but I don’t like it one bit.

2 Likes

The story is completed though, there are no early access episodes available

1 Like

Yeah, my bad I thought you were both talking about the waiting a few hours for the tickets to refill…anyway, I don’t have the patience for that amount of wait so I purchase the early access - but I can image it can be super frustrating and especially authors who take too much advantage of it!

Is that what they’re doing now? Ugh, it’s a real pain. I don’t mind early access either. This whole 11 hour wait is not cool. It even shows up on stories I’ve attempted to reread

It’s a new feature available for some authors to use, so I think it’s just being tested. :woman_shrugging:t3: But that’s what it is, an alternative to the standard early access.

I know what early access is, it expires after a week of the chapter being published, but the 11 hour wait time is just a test option for some authors to add to their stories regardless of how long their chapters have been published. I hate it. :sob:

2 Likes

:weary::weary: what a shame. I was just getting excited about a new story, so ready to binge read and I saw it

1 Like

Rip binge-reading. :confused:
Unless the testing fails and we don’t permanently end up with it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

It’s bad enough they took away unlimited passes and replaced it with VIP but now they want to take away binge reading

4 Likes

Yeah, it sucks that binge-reading has been hindered so much by the test feature but as for the unlimited passes:

2 Likes

This is so frustrating if this goes on i won’t continue and i think episode is okay to lose a 3 years user , at this point all they care about is gems and money

5 Likes