Author added waiting period to continue reading (or pay gems)

Literally all mine are 16 gems! :pleading_face:

I never read more than one story at a time, itā€™s just my preference, and ever since this has started, Iā€™ve actually thought that I should re-read a story I have already completed in the time Iā€™m waiting for yhose 11 hours to count down, but now Iā€™ve gotten it in 3 different storiesā€¦all 11 hours, all 16 gemsā€¦ annnnd now Iā€™m in between 3 stories!

Iā€™d love to support the authors, but thatā€™s just too much for meā€¦ especially in stories with 40 - 50 chaptersā€¦

Exchange rate is making it much more expensive to buy gems this side of the world.

2 Likes

i think itā€™s awful, personally, but then again, authors spend hours on coding and ideas, therefore they deserve our supportā€¦ waiting a week to get a new chapter of a completed story isnā€™t ideal though.

weā€™ve been complaining about gems for years now, thereā€™s no way to get them without paying or reading cringe episode stories, but i think this is something weā€™re just gonna have to deal with.

i miss old episode. episode are just money grabbers at this point.

4 Likes

Someone is speaking facts I bought that vip and am like what the point of buying it and then some of the stories I read I have to either wait 11 hour or 5 it ridiculous why just kept the early access feature and removed the one that make you wait for so many hour and I email episode and I was being respectful to them and telling them how I feel but once again they never reply to anyone I just canā€™t imagine what they might do in the feature it just be way worse :joy::joy:

4 Likes

well mines doesnt let me end the chapter i have to keep pressing i will wait till later but the chapter doesnt end so i end up spending all the gems. im gem less help!!

1 Like

I think itā€™s fine for early access. Youā€™re paying for content that hasnā€™t been released yet. But the waiting period is such a pain and I hate it. I like binge-reading stories and itā€™s impossible to do with these waiting periods. Like, by the time the wait is over I couldā€™ve read 12 chapters.

3 Likes

Oh no!! So actually you donā€™t have to end the chapter or spend gems. Once the buttons come up you can click the wait button and then just close out and come back after the amount of hours it says. Then you can click read next available chapters! Itā€™s confusing, I know!!

Yep, I know. Itā€™s SO annoying. Thereā€™s not even a point of getting VIP if you canā€™t binge read. So so stupid. They just want our money. Theyā€™re gotten so selfish and greedy.

1 Like

I totally agree!! Authors deserve support and I think early access is great, but the waiting period between chapters is literally driving me insane. If anything itā€™s causing me to lose interest in the app and read stories less.

2 Likes

Wait I have a question I thought a couple of days ago if you was a amethyst vip did you have to wait in some chapter that make you wait or does it said since you a vip you can read the next chapter?

1 Like

honestly the couldā€™ve put ā€œwould you like to support meā€, gem choices. I find this greedy to be honest this whole wait HOURS & WEEKS to read a story? No! Itā€™s so uncaused for. When you want reads, but tell your readers wait 11 hours or pay me gems. Thatā€™s weird and petty, especially when not everyone has enough gems to constantly do this.

5 Likes

I believe that even if you have amethyst you still have to do the wait time. Which is super annoying

Hey, I hope youā€™re doing great!
Alright so first I wanna state that I mean no hate to the author, I just need somewhere to express myself.
I have read about 5 stories now and every single one of them says I have to wait 11 hours bro I am starting to lose my marbles! šŸ„²šŸ„²šŸ„²šŸ„² I also donā€™t have 16 gems to save a passsssss, I joined episode so I can read whenever I feel like it not to wait 11 hours after every 6 episodesā€¦ anyway ahm thats itšŸŒš

9 Likes

Find some smaller authors to read from, Iā€™ve found that they very rarely (if ever) implement early access or skip-the-wait.

4 Likes

Lol I get you but itā€™s the only way to get your story higher in the rank :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :kissing_smiling_eyes: even though itā€™s bullshit actually :unamused:

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you there. Iā€™m currently reading two different stories both with 40+ chapters each and after chapter 10+, every three chapters you have a 5 hour wait! Theyā€™re both completed and have been for a while (:

It does my head in that authors choose to use that way rather than support the author/bonus scenes/point additions etcā€¦

I mean seriously, if your already a big author on the platform, your readers can keep you trending if you have support the author/bonus scenes/point additions etcā€¦ options because youā€™ve got more chance of them paying it instead of using EA or S-T-W options. No one pays EA or S-T-W since itā€™s pretty pointless and itā€™s used every few chapters making it expensive and if your like me and despise reading Episode original stories then gems are impossible to earn either way and I donā€™t spend real currency on gems/tickets for Episode :expressionless:

8 Likes

I feel you. It happens to me all the time. At some point I dropped the stories. Not worth it. Thatā€™s the reason why I didnā€™t add those options to both my stories.

6 Likes

I guess I just have to go watch monster high movies and wait :slightly_smiling_face::broken_heart:

3 Likes

True! I can recommend you a few if you want, smaller authors donā€™t include those things.

I donā€™t have a problem with ā€œsupport the authorā€, early access and including some little gem options in the story. But I donā€™t like to wait for a story thatā€™s already completed.

5 Likes

Okay youā€™re kinda right but I also get they feel like they have to because not everyone supports with gems :hugs:

2 Likes

You still have to wait if authors have them switched on šŸ„²

1 Like