Author Announcement: Future Changes to Community Story Gem Choices

I think gem choices are fine, as long as they are worth our money and not give us an advantage, cuz free to play players should be able to enjoy the story too.
I think extra points or scenes are fine, but I really hope authors will not transform their stories in episode originals lol.
ALSO GIVE US BETTER ORIGINALS.
We have to pay 30 gems just to stand up for ourselves, that’s ridiculous and it spreads an horrible message. Or the thing that we can only have fabulous clothes or ugly clothes, give us normal plain clothes, not a trashbag.
Give us choices that matters, give us options that make us want to think “omg I want to see this/ do this so bad”
The latest originals are boring and no :blossom:

14 Likes

I don’t know what positive feedback that you guys received, but last time I checked, the WHOLE Episode community was against this idea. Both on Instagram and on here. I disagree with this wholeheartedly because it’s unfair! I wouldn’t dare charge my readers just to read a chapter of my story. Are you serious? Majority of readers are UNDER 18! These 13, 14, 15 and even 16 year olds don’t have a freaking source of income to buy gems. Also, many people are too cheap to buy gems no matter how old they are, and this is coming from a 20 year old. I’m convinced that you guys are implementing this idea to gain more money. What other reason is there?

39 Likes

I dont think anyone is. it better be optinal.

3 Likes

Please don’t even bother trying! :slightly_smiling_face: (again)

7 Likes

I don’t really understand what is happening…

I get that your are giving authors the opinions to add in gem choice which some may abuse to be honest…

I don’t understand this wait a week thing… how does it benefit anyone apart from Episodes pockets?

9 Likes

Exactly… so I don’t understand how they had (and I quote) promising results regarding that! :thinking:

5 Likes

Exactly!!!

11 Likes

And they were quite quick to shut it down and clarify that they wouldn’t actually do this, so I really don’t get it

5 Likes

9 Likes

What about the authors who don’t like using choices?
Also don’t like the idea of having readers wait a week or pay. You have minors and people who don’t have money to pay and people (like me) with short attention spans who will be really turned off by having to unnecessarily wait an entire week to read when the episodes are already ready. Readers are already impatient waiting for updates from their favorite authors so why make the extra burden?

13 Likes

I think the idea of choosing the quantity of gems per choice is acceptable, cause not all have the opportunity to have a lot of gems.

5 Likes

here I am commenting again, lol. but I wanted to add…

I get that episode has to make money, theyre a company with employees who need to eat, feed their kids, do life, etc. but could we please stop changing the prices and ways people pay for things on the app. it makes me at least kind of distrusting and not want to spend money on the app knowing that it will probably change a few weeks later. im fine spending money if its for a company I really support, and even if the prices or buisness model isnt my cup of tea eventually i’ll get used to it as long as its consistent. sorry if this sound harsh, i just like being able to plan out how i spend my money.

3 Likes

This is the worst, honestly :woman_facepalming:t4:

7 Likes

I’m currently writing my first story and I know that when it’s published it will be hard to get noticed as an author already, if this was made there would be no hope :joy:

5 Likes

12 Likes

I don’t think Episode should do this.

First of all, regarding the thing about letting authors choose how much gems they want, could lead to an abuse of power. I feel like there should be a very strong limit about how much gems an author gets to add. I think the maximum should be about three gems on their Episode story. Most people are young, including me, who plays Episode. We don’t have money to buy gems, so I think there should be a strong limit to how much gems.

About the “wait a week” thing, I think it’s a bit absurd. There was so much backlash on it before, it will just end up ruining the game. We shouldn’t have to wait a week for a chapter of a story to come out, it should already be out if it’s finished. This is of course all my opinion, but I do hope Episode takes all the backlash into consideration and not implement these things.

10 Likes

Right! They forget that we’re in a whole PANDEMIC too!

10 Likes

You should do it with the writers that are already loved for the readers, the ones so-called “big authors” that way you could make a lot of money and the ones that are under 100k remain to be read for free… @Melani3

3 Likes

Dear Episode,

This is coming from a 13 year old child who has absolutely no money, whatsoever. Literally, I am as broke as a church mouse. So now, you’re telling me y’alls are even beta-testing paying diamonds for a chapter!!! And if you don’t, you have to wait a week. First of all, please. Just, don’t. I am very fickle, and cannot promise that I will continue reading a story that won’t even allow me to play as many chapters as I can! I love binge reading, but now you’re coming here and telling me only one chapter per week?? :rofl: :rofl:Y’alls are funny.
If I’m told to wait an entire week for an episode, most likely thing is that I’m going completely forget what happened in the previous one. Then what? Unless the story has a recap, I’ve no idea what’s happening now. Then, oh welp, some author’s just lost a reader.
And another thing I don’t understand. Why are you trying to re-implement this idea when so many people were against it in the first place? I mean, like I said, I’m 13! I know so many minors on this forum, and I’m wondering: Where do you expect us to get the money? Like, where? I’m so confused I just lost several brain cells. :sleepy:

18 Likes

I’m sorry I missed that part. WHAT?!

3 Likes