Author name no longer clickable?

I noticed over the past few weeks that I’m no longer able to click on an author’s name to view their profile from their story summary.

Instead I have to search for them, and only then can I view their profile. It’s a bit inconvenient and annoying because now I have to keep going back to do a search instead of being able to click on their name to view their profile, so I can’t jump from profile to profile anymore.

Did Episode remove this useful feature? If so, I want it back! It made navigation between profiles much easier and it’s very annoying to have to keep searching all the time now or go through the author’s profile.

20190909_041045|357x500

13 Likes

I can’t do it either :joy: I just click on their story to get to their profile :joy:

4 Likes

I thought it was just a minor bug from my app.
I have been trying for 3 or 4 days and I only could do through search as you said…

5 Likes

I didn’t want to have to resort to that because it was so much easier just to click their name lol.

1 Like

It’s been weeks now and I don’t like it lol

1 Like

It’s the best that we can do in the meantime. I actually just searched for the author before I started doing this which is much easier :joy: But hopefully they fix it :blob_hearts:

4 Likes

It’s definitely an extra step! First world problems lol :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I hope so too, I’ve people I want to follow and I know if I don’t add them soon, I’ll forget :sob:
Because I’ve Dory’s memory :fish:

:joy:

4 Likes

I made a simple short tutorial on my method here if anyone wants to check it out: HOW TO: Check The Author's Profile on Episode 🐺 💖 :nerd_face: :blob_hearts:

4 Likes

You’re the best :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m not haha :sweat_smile: But if it helps someone or ppl find it useful, that will make me happy :nerd_face:

In the meantime has anyone sent in a ticket to Episode regarding this? I honestly thought i was the only one going crazy :joy:

4 Likes

I also thought it was just me so I didn’t send any… But I’ll send one now.

2 Likes

Same! But you can click the three dots and then author profile and it will take you there or when it takes you to the screen where you’re about to pay a pass, it’s also clickable then too

5 Likes

I can still click the author’s name to be taken to their profile? :thinking:

2 Likes

I feel like this is an issue just on Android devices. I am not able to go on the author profile when I tap the name on my phone (an Android) but I able to do so easily on my iPad :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Either way they should fix it lol

2 Likes

Hmmm…interesting :thinking:

Same here lol!

1 Like

That actually makes sense, since they announced this as one of their changes:

So they might have been trying to improve something for Android users and… subsequently ruined something that was working fine :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Oh wow, didn’t know about that post! But I feel like I lost a feature though, it really doesn’t help because it adds an extra step by having to click the 3 dots to view the author profile. While I appreciate the thought behind it, mine loaded just fine in the past so I hope they put it back!

Thanks for this!

1 Like

Hmm :thinking:. Clicking the author’s name seems to be working fine for me. high fives self for escaping this glitch

1 Like