Author's are their stories' biggest fans

I’m writing my story right now and I’m so obsessed with my characters and everything that happens/all the cool animations get me so excited… :joy: (not to say that it’s perfect ofc but I love it) I feel like this is probably a universal experience? And like I want readers not just for the readers but so people get excited so I can nerd out with them haha. Anyway just wanted to put this out there and start a conversation. How about you all? Do you feel similarly about your stories?

21 Likes

I am so in love with the LI in my story and obsessed with the MC

5 Likes

No really I want to be my MC and date my LI

1 Like

Yes, I love my MCs and LIs, a lot. I only write Male MCs, so yes, I make em look handsome/dashing. :> Ugh, the way I have them in action, etc. Just love it. XD

3 Likes

YES I like to make the MC’s LI purposely my type every single time… and every single time I fall in love w/ him :laughing:

2 Likes

I feel the same way…except I’m both the biggest fan and the biggest hater of my stories. Maybe it’s just my self esteem talking but I hate almost every scene and messed up coding I do, but I’m very passionate about the characters.

2 Likes

I ADORE Deadly Nightshade. Hell, I even talk about it like I never wrote it myself! I’m so invested in all the characters and the complicated plot! Sometimes I wanna be Angelina even though she’s evil. Lol. Or at least live in the characters’ town!

1 Like

No I feel this. Coding mistakes and awkward transitions for me : /

2 Likes

Yes omg imagine living in your own worldbuilding :sob:

1 Like

It’d be so fun. I’d be rich af too! :sob:

1 Like

yes! i feel the same way. i’m my characters #1 fans and i’m always cheering them on, even though i’m the one writing and creating their downfalls

3 Likes

LOL felt this :joy:

1 Like

Same, I love my MC, even through I’m writing it.

2 Likes

I think it’s because we spend so much time thinking about them, what they’ll do and say. I know if I wasn’t so invested in my characters, I wouldn’t bother finishing my story.

2 Likes